New updates issues

Reaction score
I woke up 2 days ago and I switched on my DJI and I founded as my DJI3 Pro and Camera asked to update, the RC is updated ok.

Tried to re-update those (even I do not understand how it is possible), I done everything as: different SD cards, differet card formatted with last Bin files firewire updates from DJI, also with 4 different batteries, 8 times repeated the process folowing instructions.

Aircraift can fly but gimbal and camera do not working. Gimbal do startup few sec after switch on and then go dead.

The istallation process takes 1hr+ keep pending till the battery go dead after about 1hr and half processing files with red and green led keep flashing, process never end.

The Files are from DJI Website and I tried also 3 times to download from different PC as well.

What to do more???
Anyone has same experience?

There are many posts on this forum regarding updating firm ware-- you would best serve yourself by searching the forum and reading the posts on the latest firmware updates from DJI-- they have been problematic for some and successful for others and these is the discussion daily on whether you should or should not upgrade. Study the posts and then come back and ask specific questions if you have any. There are also several help videos on the youtube site and one on the DJI site-- which walk you through the upgrade process and how to check to see if it was successful.--- watch those first.

There are some here that have had the same experiences and some have conclude that that should have waited and not updated while others updated, had no problems, and argue that every one should update. The update did created some unintended consequences that was confirmed and DJI has promised a fix which is still pending.

Welcome to the forum:):)

There are many posts on this forum regarding updating firm ware-- you would best serve yourself by searching the forum and reading the posts on the latest firmware updates from DJI-- they have been problematic for some and successful for others and these is the discussion daily on whether you should or should not upgrade. Study the posts and then come back and ask specific questions if you have any. There are also several help videos on the youtube site and one on the DJI site-- which walk you through the upgrade process and how to check to see if it was successful.--- watch those first.

There are some here that have had the same experiences and some have conclude that that should have waited and not updated while others updated, had no problems, and argue that every one should update. The update did created some unintended consequences that was confirmed and DJI has promised a fix which is still pending.

I

I know are many posts but I haven't found any specific question or answer regarding this specific issue.

What does the log file on the SD card say with regards to the firmware update? I will usually list what firmware it's got for its various components in the *.TXT log file root directory of the SD card you have plugged in to the gimbal.

To be honest I wouldn't bother too much about updating to this version of firmware; give it a miss.

I had the limp camera thing once. I powered it off, did a IMU calibration, gimbal calibration...and it seemed to come right.

What does the log file on the SD card say with regards to the firmware update? I will usually list what firmware it's got for its various components in the *.TXT log file root directory of the SD card you have plugged in to the gimbal.

To be honest I wouldn't bother too much about updating to this version of firmware; give it a miss.

I had the limp camera thing once. I powered it off, did a IMU calibration, gimbal calibration...and it seemed to come right.
========== 2015.07.20 00:00:09 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again

It keep say the say over and over till battery go dead. Is also wired since if I switch on the aircraft WITHOUT the SD card inside.. the small red/green led ligth blink as the same time sequence as the SD with firewire files is inside.

It keep say the say over and over till battery go dead. Is also wired since if I switch on the aircraft WITHOUT the SD card inside.. the small red/green led ligth blink as the same time sequence as the SD with firewire files is inside.
The main point is: I do not care to get updates, bit as I wrote the system asking for and I do not know how to let work back the DJI3 since from a day to anpther one just wake up with this issue without Camera and Gimbal working. If you have any solution even how to downgrade at least to let work this again and how to found files I'll be really thankfuel to anyone over there guys! DJI only propose to me to get this repair which mean at least 6week without my DJI3. Thanks

OK, that is telling. Is that all that is in the file, nothing immediately preceding that?

So the gimbal is beeping and the light on it is flashing too?

No firmware downgrade option currently. Try an IMU and Gimbal calibration. Does the app say anything is wrong?

Might help otherwise hopefully someone else may be able to add something here. Sounds cooked.

OK, that is telling. Is that all that is in the file, nothing immediately preceding that?

So the gimbal is beeping and the light on it is flashing too?

No firmware downgrade option currently. Try an IMU and Gimbal calibration. Does the app say anything is wrong?

Might help otherwise hopefully someone else may be able to add something here. Sounds cooked.
no gimbal beeping, led flashing. IMU and Gimbal calibration say ok even the Gimbal sleeping dead down.

Hi Luca,
It seems that I have the same issue :
When I switch off battery on the bird, red led near the 4 green ones blinks several seconds before to light off, previously, red led lighted off immediatly
When I start the bird, the camera can be controlled from the rc, after few seconds (after initialisation) there is a kind of deconnection : The camera nose goes down, control from RC is not possibe l
If you have found a fix, thanks for your help !

Hi Luca,
It seems that I have the same issue :
When I switch off battery on the bird, red led near the 4 green ones blinks several seconds before to light off, previously, red led lighted off immediatly
When I start the bird, the camera can be controlled from the rc, after few seconds (after initialisation) there is a kind of deconnection : The camera nose goes down, control from RC is not possibe l
If you have found a fix, thanks for your help !
Yes, is the same to me, and I haven't found any solution. Spoke with DJI which they only told me to return for repair. Did happen to you from a day to another one like me or any special event before? Did say to be upload Aircraft and Camera from DJI Pilot App or not?

Yes, is the same to me, and I haven't found any solution. Spoke with DJI which they only told me to return for repair. Did happen to you from a day to another one like me or any special event before? Did say to be upload Aircraft and Camera from DJI Pilot App or not?
The issue happened from a day to another day without a special event,
Although,
I remember to have removed the sd card from the bird the day before to download video files,because downloading with a cable from bird was not working
I also had during the last flight a bad camera tilt control. It means that the camera angle went all the time to horizontal out of my order.
also, since several weeks with the new firmware time lapse was not working.
I'm wondering what to do, is it possible to erase the current firmware into the bird and RC and flash it again ?

The issue happened from a day to another day without a special event,
Although,
I remember to have removed the sd card from the bird the day before to download video files,because downloading with a cable from bird was not working
I also had during the last flight a bad camera tilt control. It means that the camera angle went all the time to horizontal out of my order.
also, since several weeks with the new firmware time lapse was not working.
I'm wondering what to do, is it possible to erase the current firmware into the bird and RC and flash it again ?
it look like no one here know what to do about that. No downgrage is possible unless some one know how to do that?!

it look like no one here know what to do about that. No downgrage is possible unless some one know how to do that?!
Anyone in this Forum know how to fix this issue? Any net guy who know how to deal with that? How is possible as such big company as DJI can leave value customers in this type of situation without care of us at all and simple propose to us to return the item and to wait at least 6week for repair?! I am assuming is better to buy different Brand who care better about the money we spend on..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj