New updated CAA exemption regarding FPV

It also raises the dreaded definition of "competant" observor, to which you would have to prove they fulfilled the criteria laid down in the regs.

Thought flying was meant to be fun :D

pyrophantom said:
It also raises the dreaded definition of "competant" observor, to which you would have to prove they fulfilled the criteria laid down in the regs.

Thought flying was meant to be fun :D

Yeah, I know what you mean! My brain hurts, red wine time!

As with all these cleverly worded regs, it all boils down to interpretation. In the explosives world you get similar worded regs for the lawyers, then you also get a lovely watered down "regs for dummies" version which explains it in english, usually called "a guide to blah blah regs"

Fair play to the CAA though they will leave us alone if we fly responsibly as the vast majority do, and our numbers flying are obviously way behind the US, but it would seem their legislators are sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to put more curbs on their flying habits due to the stupid behaviour of a few mindless morons who will spoil it for the majority.

Maybe you and pullup could start a wine club !??............we need one now the rotorpixel whine club has stopped since they have been shipping more out !!

:lol:

pyrophantom said:
...Maybe you and pullup could start a wine club !??............we need one now the rotorpixel whine club has stopped since they have been shipping more out !!

:lol:
yeah!!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Pull_Up said:
I do my best, I usually name-check what I'm drinking at the start of each video. ;)
You do it at the start because at the end of the video the name-check would have slipped into fuzzy oblivion? :)

IrishSights said:
UK flyers...Sorry if this was posted before but doesn't show in a google search. This ORS4 1011 exemption supersedes the previous ORS4 1009. Dated 23rd April 2014.

Bssiclly lifts the 400ft ceiling to 1000ft, but still the observer must maintain unaided sight of the aircraft. Pretty difficult at 1000ft! Anyway here it is...

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/ORS4%20No. ... rcraft.pdf

Hi
Confused by the regs does this mean that you cannot fly a Phantom at any time with ought having a second person with you as a spotter
Chris

I put together this summary of the CAA regs as I too had difficulty seeing through the mud. See if my old post helps at viewtopic.php?p=131954#p131954

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers