New update

Reaction score
I just did the newest firmware update and see the new geofencing stuff everyone is talking about. Glad I'm able to turn that off and continue to fly

I noticed however the new update slowed down the speeds on the drone significantly. Top speed I hit was like 25 or so even on sport. It was crawling across the sky. Pretty upsetting. I'm not sure I can but I'd like to quit doing these updates when DJI feels they wanna release some new garbage.

Anyone else had issues with speed or flight?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The updates aren't required FYI. It prompts you in red that a firmware update is available, but then that goes away.

I wish I hadn't done this latest one. Now I'm stuck with a slow drone and geofence garbage

Speaking of that, I thought I read on here that if you enter a restricted airspace or area, the drone will land itself. If that's true, that's scary. I may not even know I'm doing that and instead of coming home it just lands somewhere random? I'm between Dallas and Fort Worth which have major airports. I avoid them but if for some reason got close, I wouldn't want it just landing a mile away.

Is that correct?

He certainly suffers from horizon tilt

Not sure what that means or if it was directed at me.

But is drone software set up to land if you go to far in these areas? I understand you may not know and it's good for them to tell you but don't want a random landing.

He meant in that video the video has a bad tilt and if you watch it you see when you fly up to a NFZ it just stops like a dog on the end of a chain .

He meant in that video the video has a bad tilt and if you watch it you see when you fly up to a NFZ it just stops like a dog on the end of a chain .

That makes sense. Thanks

I was referring to the drone video. His drone clearly has the problem of the "tilted horizon" as seen in the video. Didn't mean to hijack the thread

That makes sense. Thanks

No problem, I read on the DJI forum awhile back someone saying it auto landed like you are thinking and his did and was over water but ya can't believe everything you read .
Didn't mean to hijack the thread
I don't think you did he just didn't see that and to be honest I have watched that several times and hadn't noticed that till you pointed it out .
Now carry on all.
Thank ya Thank ya Very Much ..;)

Indeed it is & it's worse. The Baltimore stadiums no longer appear with red NFZ areas around them in the newer app. Thinking DJI had corrected the 24/7/365 NFZ around them for a realistic "on game days" only, he flew over. Suddenly his P4 announced "You are in a No Fly Zone. Auto-landing initiated!" He could not withdraw & the Phantom landed. Very fortunate to come down in the only field around & not on the interstate. He was 1.5 miles away and did recover the bird...landed perfectly for what it's worth..Worse part is the NFZ wasn't marked. What if you are flying in an area when a TFR is issued for that area? Auto-land???

Speaking of that, I thought I read on here that if you enter a restricted airspace or area, the drone will land itself. If that's true, that's scary. I may not even know I'm doing that and instead of coming home it just lands somewhere random? I'm between Dallas and Fort Worth which have major airports. I avoid them but if for some reason got close, I wouldn't want it just landing a mile away.

Is that correct?

When you hit the NFZ wall there is the option to proceed if you are "authorized" to. Get too far in (about 1 mile from NFZ center) and that's when auto landing take place. At least that is my understanding. I have an airport near by but don't plan on trying the theory. I looked on the DJI NFZ map and the 5 mile radius to see where my house is in relation the our airport. It starts ACROSS THE STREET! AAAGH!

This update was winner of the year just a few short hours ago. Man things change quick.

I did the update but have not had a chance to fly yet. Anyone else experience a change in speed as the OP mentioned?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wish I hadn't done this latest one. Now I'm stuck with a slow drone and geofence garbage

You make me laugh. Before you were born, I had a cell phone in a brief case and I had RC planes with gas that was a blast.
Going fast is not what drones are made to do. Going 22 mph and getting almost 25-26 mins a battery is pretty cool to me.

Going 45 mph with no collision avoidance and a battery that may last 13-16 mins is not fun for me. I am sure that many here will agree with me.

If you do agree, please post a few words about it. If not, I will be silent then about it.

The sport mode can be very helpful under some situations, avoiding bird attacks is one that comes to mind. Also reaching a location to film and then return in a hurry if weather moves in.

I did the update but have not had a chance to fly yet. Anyone else experience a change in speed as the OP mentioned?

I noticed the speed tonight myself. Then I looked at the screen and went duh!!! The new update reset everything back to default including the intelligent flight modes being turned off. So you have to turn it back on. Then you have P, Sport and Atti again. Instead of a beginner speed kind of. I think it also reset all of my EXP settings for yawing and turning. It seemed a little more touchy in the turns. I'll check that out tonight too.

You make me laugh. Before you were born, I had a cell phone in a brief case and I had RC planes with gas that was a blast.
Going fast is not what drones are made to do. Going 22 mph and getting almost 25-26 mins a battery is pretty cool to me.

Going 45 mph with no collision avoidance and a battery that may last 13-16 mins is not fun for me. I am sure that many here will agree with me.

If you do agree, please post a few words about it. If not, I will be silent then about it.

I was born in mid 1980s. Can't relate to the cell phone briefcase. I do remember phones without cameras though. Lol

However I have 4 batteries so if I burn through a sport mode in 15 minutes I'm good with that cause it's an intense 40+mph experience. This new update turned my drone into a turtle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20