New Update took over 1 hour?

Reaction score
I did the new firmware update today. put it on the sd card with no other info on it but the new bin file
the phantom 3 pro. looked like it was taking the update like I did in the past for older updates, but this
time it was taking over a hour still beeping and lights flashing on gimbal, gimbal was very hot, so I turned it off. I was going to reload the update again but to my surprise the text file said it was successful. Very odd.
Hope it is fully installed so I don't have flight problems.

I did the new firmware update today. put it on the sd card with no other info on it but the new bin file
the phantom 3 pro. looked like it was taking the update like I did in the past for older updates, but this
time it was taking over a hour still beeping and lights flashing on gimbal, gimbal was very hot, so I turned it off. I was going to reload the update again but to my surprise the text file said it was successful. Very odd.
Hope it is fully installed so I don't have flight problems.
same here. I failed to look at the camera indicator light. it was prob green for a while. mine got hot as well.
it flew, after a compass calibration, flawlessly. I did not investigate any new options.

Mine did something similar. Gimbal made some odd strained moves and then righted itself. Green light came on steady but beeps continued. This was after about 15-20 min. I saw this thread and figured I'd stop it and look at log. It seems to be updated (according to About info on copter) and the first line in the log is Result: Success. Strange ending to an upgrade....

My guess is the upgrade failed to install. Mine did the same thing not once but twice. I ended up using a clean sd card reformatted on the Phantom before it worked. I don't know about your TXT file but mine too said success on the first line when it didn't upgrade properly. I finally realized that you have to read each line and find the correct firmware version. When I did that I saw that they really failed the first two times. The logs aren't in order so you have to look by the firmware version. I don't know why they say to delete the TXT file each time because the drone writes the entire upgrade history each time. The main thing is don't go by that first line.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl