New update problem

Reaction score
Hi guys this post was one of the ones from this am. Anyway I updated my phantom this morning and after I did I got the error 25 imu initialization failure. I tried re calibrating numerous times and reinstalling firmware but still flashing red green yellow and error 25. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Did you crash or land it hard or drop it? I pretty sure some guys have fixed it by smacking the imu. Just do a google search for phantom error 25. There all the same imu basically.

Hi guys , just had success with initializing the IMU on my phantom. With some great advice from "fourblade" I place my phantom outside in minus 10 temps for about an hour. I immediately powered up RC then the phantom. The lights blinked red green yellow then switched to yellow . I then did an advanced IMU calibration and everything seems to be back to normal. Too windy for a test flight today but all seems to be back to normal after a very frustrating 36 hrs.

Tower50 said:
Hi guys , just had success with initializing the IMU on my phantom. With some great advice from "fourblade" I place my phantom outside in minus 10 temps for about an hour. I immediately powered up RC then the phantom. The lights blinked red green yellow then switched to yellow . I then did an advanced IMU calibration and everything seems to be back to normal. Too windy for a test flight today but all seems to be back to normal after a very frustrating 36 hrs.

That's excessive.. probably gonna get condensation. When I was in a rush, I would take the battery out and place the back end of the phantom next to the air conditioner for 2 minutes or so...

All you needed to do is let the phantom rest for 30 minutes in ambient conditions.
What you need to do is do the calibration immediately when you plug her in. The longer you leave it idling, the warmer the phantom will be and therefore the longer the IMU will take. The longer it will take, the higher chance of failing. It only takes about 1 minute idling for the "MC too hot warning" to appear.

Mc temp to high is a bug that's be going on for years. I just ignore it .. Only time I ever have a problem is if it gets "stuck" , then I shut off and let it sit.
You don't have to let it sit outside. I always get that warning. I've got it with every naza I ever had.

Mori55 said:
Mc temp to high is a bug that's be going on for years. I just ignore it .. Only time I ever have a problem is if it gets "stuck" , then I shut off and let it sit.
You don't have to let it sit outside. I always get that warning. I've got it with every naza I ever had.

What is your basis for claiming the MC temp warning is a bug? It is easy to avoid the temp warning and do the IMU calibration correctly, so why not do it? There could be a difference you are not aware of, which might be important to other flyers, in conditions you have not encountered.

Tower50 said:
Hi guys this post was one of the ones from this am. Anyway I updated my phantom this morning and after I did I got the error 25 imu initialization failure. I tried re calibrating numerous times and reinstalling firmware but still flashing red green yellow and error 25. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Did you contact me on Facebook? If you didnt you are not the only one that has faced this problem today. It appears that they may have lowered the tolerance on the IMU accelerometer/gyro self test.

Jeremy James USdronerepair

burlbark said:
Tower50 said:

Thanks

Did you contact me on Facebook? If you didnt you are not the only one that has faced this problem today. It appears that they may have lowered the tolerance on the IMU accelerometer/gyro self test.

Jeremy James USdronerepair

I think you're right barky...
Something tells me that dji is possibly going to start logging imu data. So they can prove a crash and therfore void warranty.

I had this IMU initialization failure issue as soon as I did the update - I never had it before - never saw it. My Phantom is only 6 months old and has never had a hard landing and I'm just amazed that more users aren't experiencing this problem.

The situation for me is that as soon as I power up for the first time (in a day) all is well but if I bring the bird down and power down (press battery) then if I try to power up straight away (say, with a new fully charged battery) I get the Red, Green, Yellow error - but if I wait about 10 minutes or so (leaving it powered off untouched) then suddenly it will fire up again.....

For my money DJI have definitely been messing...... but why is this not happening to more people??

After repeated attempts every time I power up my phantom I get error 25 IMU intialization failure. This started after the update.i have not had a crash or otherwise. Putting my phantom in the cold has nothing to do with the m/c heat warning. After trying to calibrate the IMU and re flashing the firmware the only thing that works is lowering the temp of the IMU .i have done it three times. I place the phantom outside in -10 c for about 30 mins. I then power up and get the red green yellow flash once then lights switch to yellow and the phantom does its regular start up . I fire up the motors and let idle for a short time . I then power off. When I power back on back to red green yellow. I then tried letting it warm up to room temp and power up again.still red green yellow error 25. After waiting a couple of hours no change. When the error 25 is active an advanced calibration is not possible because the IMU is not initialized. All numbers in the IMU are excellent. Again outside to cool down and voila phantom starts up with no issues. All I know is that I didn't have any issues before the update and soon as I updated the problem started. The moment after installing the update and power cycling is when this all started.

Tower50 said:
After repeated attempts every time I power up my phantom I get error 25 IMU intialization failure. This started after the update.i have not had a crash or otherwise. Putting my phantom in the cold has nothing to do with the m/c heat warning. After trying to calibrate the IMU and re flashing the firmware the only thing that works is lowering the temp of the IMU .i have done it three times. I place the phantom outside in -10 c for about 30 mins. I then power up and get the red green yellow flash once then lights switch to yellow and the phantom does its regular start up . I fire up the motors and let idle for a short time . I then power off. When I power back on back to red green yellow. I then tried letting it warm up to room temp and power up again.still red green yellow error 25. After waiting a couple of hours no change. When the error 25 is active an advanced calibration is not possible because the IMU is not initialized. All numbers in the IMU are excellent. Again outside to cool down and voila phantom starts up with no issues. All I know is that I didn't have any issues before the update and soon as I updated the problem started. The moment after installing the update and power cycling is when this all started.

Have you done a cold IMU calibration? Let the phantom rest for 30 minutes. Then do the IMU calibration the moment you plug the phantom in and making sure it gets the green ticks? It should take 2 minutes if done correctly. And do it on a level surface.

rickasaurus said:
Mori55 said:

What is your basis for claiming the MC temp warning is a bug? It is easy to avoid the temp warning and do the IMU calibration correctly, so why not do it? There could be a difference you are not aware of, which might be important to other flyers, in conditions you have not encountered.
It's a known bug way before the phantoms came out. Numerous DJI reps have stated this. I get it every time and with every other naza I've owned. And you tell me how do I advoid it when I get the warning on a cold startup every time ? I just ignore it and continue with the calibration. Just do a google search and you'll see it a common thing.
This was on RC Groups http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 9&page=285

Email from DJI this morning confirms :

"Our R&Ds is fixing the problem on firmware 3.10.
And yes, downgrade the firmware could kill the problem.
Please upgrade the firmware again when firmware 3.10 is renewed. "

Well....just how in the hell are we going to know when it's renewed? DJI is really something!

So they finally pulled 3.10 and are offering 3.08 through the assistant as an "upgrade".....and everyone lived happily ever after..... until the nightmare of a new firmware is released.

Why don't we learn....... DJI are not good at this firmware lark...

I suspect we'll only know about a "new" 3.10 is when we see it again being offered through the assistant...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31