New update missing maps

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the problem with the new update, my maps have gone, I'm on p4p+ No maps just some Chinese writing and a blank screen, if anyone knows how to get the maps back I'd be very greatful, I'm in the uk

d9a5c23622862f4afbaa7233682593a2.jpg

Try turning off the maps for mainland China, its an option in the app.

This is an obvious bug. I tried turning on the China maps. Restarted RC. Turned Off the China maps. Restarted The RC. Maps back!

Did not last maps gone yet again.

Tried resetting the RC. Then turned off the RC and back on again........ Maps back!

Did not last long maps gone.......... again.

I did do a maps download from the 'new' icon on the front page. Yep you guessed it. Did not last long maps gone again, I get the same screen as you have. In a perverse sort of way I am glad its not just me!

Before anyone suggests it I know you have to let the RC connect to the net. Download maps in the cache of the RC so you have them when you fly. Been there done that. Still does not keep them.

All my software is updated to the latest. On my previous P3P maps were never a problem.

Update.

Just to make it clear.

I can get maps back when at home connected to the internet. Shows where I am etc. If I go fly no doubt they will be back, but the next time I go ......... no maps.

Last edited:
Well after spending over a hour with online support which was useless and patronising I just gave up and did a factory backup and reset, and bingo maps are back and everything is good, update now stable... so if anyone else has a problem just do a reset it's the second time it's sorted a issue, now have drone in the air and all is good..

Reactions: thatsanicepicture
Agree with trickys. After latest updates I only had Chinese maps. After factory reset (go to system settings, scroll down to "Backup & Reset", choose Factory data reset) maps were restored. Don't make my mistake. After reset I tried to log on but I couldn't find the setting to turn wireless on. Another helpful forum member reminded me that simply swiping down on the screen exposed the gear symbol allowing access to settings.

Does anyone else have the problem with the new update, my maps have gone, I'm on p4p+ No maps just some Chinese writing and a blank screen, if anyone knows how to get the maps back I'd be very greatful, I'm in the uk
YES, HAD SAME PROB. DO A FACTORY RESET ON RC AND THEN SIGN BACK INTO DJI ACCOUNT.. YOU'LL HAVE TO SWIPE DOWN FROM THE TOP OF THE SCREEN ON RC TO GET TO SETTINGS TO TURN ON WIFI....

IMG_2815.JPG
IMG_2815.JPG
IMG_2816.JPG
im having same problem with p4p+. i think that i should not have turnrd off the mainland china green button?
will i really loose this stuff, am i at the rite place?

View attachment 84799 View attachment 84799 View attachment 84800 im having same problem with p4p+. i think that i should not have turnrd off the mainland china green button?
will i really loose this stuff, am i at the rite place?

I have p4p+. You should turn off mainland china if turned on. Factory reset needed to fix your issue. I went through the same after upgrading, downgrading then updating again in order to get a solid working update for AC and RC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers