New update includes Dataviewer...

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Does the the data make any sense to you?
Baby steps. Baby steps. They gave you data. Now you want help figuring out what it means???? Wait till it falls out of the air then remove the sdcard from the mangled wreck, unless it flew away in which case there is no card to remove, then call dji support and either get hung up on or wait in line for hours, then send the file to them and wait. And wait. And wait. No. All of a sudden DJI is very responsive and your case will be handled in a matter of days not weeks or months. I think you get the picture. Everyone hurry and install this new version. DJI recommends it. Wow.

Those screenshots are not of any data from the phantom.

I downloaded and installed the Data Viewer and can see the same thing on the preferences window of the program (gray tools icon).

I don't have my phantom with me, its at home, I have the same thing shown in the screenshot, its not data.

Attachments

• pref.jpg
    pref.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 375
BlackTracer said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Baby steps. Baby steps. They gave you data. Now you want help figuring out what it means???? Wait till it falls out of the air then remove the sdcard from the mangled wreck, unless it flew away in which case there is no card to remove, then call dji support and either get hung up on or wait in line for hours, then send the file to them and wait. And wait. And wait. No. All of a sudden DJI is very responsive and your case will be handled in a matter of days not weeks or months. I think you get the picture. Everyone hurry and install this new version. DJI recommends it. Wow.

Hungover, having your period maybe?
I dont ring Dji, or email them, I deal straight with my authorised dealer who is a keen flyer himself and very accessible and has a direct phone line to the main service manager in DJI Germany. I'm on the sceptical side of flyaways I would however like to read the data myself if say my compass calibration was out or for a whole raft of reasons but mostly because I'm interested in it. From what I could see from the screenshot it does look quite easy to decipher, but I was asking a genuine question. If all you are capable of doing here is trolling I think you and I should just keep our opinions away from eachother.

doug86 said:
Mori55 said:
This is better
thats not data, it's code.
It'll be flight recording data, dont expect for it to show you a movie of your flights on google maps, its showing you where exactly your starting off point is with longditude and latitude, I cant see it properly but I'll test it myself tonight but it will also be telling you your yawing info and basically everytime you touch the sticks. You just have to know how to read it.

Flyer91 said:
Well ...when it all gets working and can record everywhere you went, and everything you did, and has the ability to report that back to mother Russ ... er I mean DJI when you connect via the USB, isn't that sorta like a spy in your eye in the sky? ;)
More or less thats right but your smartphone does that already in a much more detailed way including having your calls recorded by secret agencies. Ive nothing to hide so I dont mind it.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Flyer91 said:
Well ...when it all gets working and can record everywhere you went, and everything you did, and has the ability to report that back to mother Russ ... er I mean DJI when you connect via the USB, isn't that sorta like a spy in your eye in the sky? ;)
More or less thats right but your smartphone does that already in a much more detailed way including having your calls recorded by secret agencies. Ive nothing to hide so I dont mind it.

Luckily I'm retired and I don't 'have' to have a smart phone.
I realized real soon enough that they are the modern version of slave chains.

But .... admittedly my post was more to exercise the rhythmic verse of .... "spy in your eye in the sky" which I find quite catchy! :)
I was gonna do .... "props in the shot, props in the shot, looking like a fool with your props in the shot" but felt it was too American Idol.

So the DJI website calls the update an autopilot upgrade, which are we thinking is basically to try and stop flyaways ??.....sounds like it to me !

;)

DJI just confirmed that the actual datalogging is not working yet, but will be added in a future firmware update. So, no more hunting for hidden files on the SD card for now :)

ElGuano said:
DJI just confirmed that the actual datalogging is not working yet, but will be added in a future firmware update. So, no more hunting for hidden files on the SD card for now :)

Yes, exactly. So for those who thought it was data... not.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
BlackTracer said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

Hungover, having your period maybe?
I dont ring Dji, or email them, I deal straight with my authorised dealer who is a keen flyer himself and very accessible and has a direct phone line to the main service manager in DJI Germany. I'm on the sceptical side of flyaways I would however like to read the data myself if say my compass calibration was out or for a whole raft of reasons but mostly because I'm interested in it. From what I could see from the screenshot it does look quite easy to decipher, but I was asking a genuine question. If all you are capable of doing here is trolling I think you and I should just keep our opinions away from eachother.
I actually wasn't attacking you so your cuts at me are unwarranted. Did you know some buy direct from DJI? And must deal with them directly? How keen is that? Have you read about some of these experiences with dealing with DJI directly? That's what I was talking about. Of course we all want to see the data.

BlackTracer, I must have taken you up wrong and so I apologise. It can be easy sometimes through text to take people up wrong. No hard feelings mate!

CRankin said:
So does this make Flytrex irrelevant? Just asking because I'm finally getting around to installing the Flytrex Core v1 on my new Vision+ and likely won't bother if this provides just as much useful info. (My main concern in getting a Flytrex is to be able to counter any accusation of "reckless flying" and the like in the event that something bad happens and the person decides it's worth their while to go to court.)

It wouldn't take much to make Flytrex irrelevant, but unless DJI is willing to add some actual value to the data with an extensible front-end, and a community portal like the one available for Flytrex, don't toss it in the garbage just yet.

unless DJI is willing to add some actual value to the data with an extensible front-end, and a community portal like the one available for Flytrex

I hope third-party app developers handle that ;).

p.s. It bothers me to see DJI not sign their apps. WTH!?

Does anyone still have a copy of the DJI data file viewer? I'm wondering if it'll work with the Phantom 3 .dat files...

The data is more for DJI to void your warranty. They can now figure out if its a genuine flyaway or if you were just a crap pilot.

Re: New update incledes Dataviewer...

Well this should be welcomed, progress!

3.13 How do I export flight data?
Solution: Flight data includes flight altitude, speed and more.
This information allows you and our technical support
teams to analyze your aircraft in the event of an issue.
Flight data is recorded any time that the aircraft is turned on.

To export flight data, go to your SD card's root folder and look for "\FLYOSD\FLY[numbers].dat"
and export DAT files to a PC.
Refer to �Camera Data Port� (P20) for details on how access the SD card.
Flight data is stored as a DAT file and can only be accessed by DJI Data Viewer.
Link?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20