New update includes Dataviewer...

Re: New update incledes Dataviewer...

GMANNZ said:
yep and what is it ???

Well this should be welcomed, progress!

3.13 How do I export flight data?
Solution: Flight data includes flight altitude, speed and more.
This information allows you and our technical support
teams to analyze your aircraft in the event of an issue.
Flight data is recorded any time that the aircraft is turned on.

To export flight data, go to your SD card's root folder and look for "\FLYOSD\FLY[numbers].dat"
and export DAT files to a PC.
Refer to �Camera Data Port� (P20) for details on how access the SD card.
Flight data is stored as a DAT file and can only be accessed by DJI Data Viewer.

DBSAM said:
Check out DJI's site for more details.
can you provide a link?

I've checked all over DJIs website and don't see anything about Dataviewer.

doug86 said:
DBSAM said:
Check out DJI's site for more details.
can you provide a link?

I've checked all over DJIs website and don't see anything about Dataviewer.

nevermind, found it.

The Dataviewer is for Windows only. So, I'll just open it on my Mac with Parallels virtual machine!!

rushing out now for a quick flight to test the dataviewer. hope it works!! my prayers answered if it does. :shock:

So does this make Flytrex irrelevant? Just asking because I'm finally getting around to installing the Flytrex Core v1 on my new Vision+ and likely won't bother if this provides just as much useful info. (My main concern in getting a Flytrex is to be able to counter any accusation of "reckless flying" and the like in the event that something bad happens and the person decides it's worth their while to go to court.)

just did a quick test flight after updating firmware.

(yes, I recalibrated, yes I compensated the compass, yes I formatted the SD card)

there are no .dat files on the SD card, so I can't say whatz up.

new version of manual says the phantom leaves .dat files on the sd. not there. hmmm

jaykay2PT said:
GMANNZ said:
yep and what is it ???

Well this should be welcomed, progress!

3.13 How do I export flight data?
Solution: Flight data includes flight altitude, speed and more.
This information allows you and our technical support
teams to analyze your aircraft in the event of an issue.
Flight data is recorded any time that the aircraft is turned on.

To export flight data, go to your SD card's root folder and look for "\FLYOSD\FLY[numbers].dat"
and export DAT files to a PC.
Refer to �Camera Data Port� (P20) for details on how access the SD card.
Flight data is stored as a DAT file and can only be accessed by DJI Data Viewer.

So is this an admission that something is indeed wrong with some PV+ and the are trying to figure it out?

doug86 said:

(yes, I recalibrated, yes I compensated the compass, yes I formatted the SD card)

new version of manual says the phantom leaves .dat files on the sd. not there. hmmm

Maybe worth making the the 2 folders on the SD card yourself to see if it needs them first before it will write the data?
\FLYOSD\FLY

xgeek said:
doug86 said:

Maybe worth making the the 2 folders on the SD card yourself to see if it needs them first before it will write the data?
\FLYOSD\FLY

no, that doesn't make sense, as that folder would get deleted every time you format the card, which I do every flight. The software on the Phantom should make the folder, don't you think?

When you format the sd card the control board should write the folder to the card. Maybe try to format it again and give it a minute to populate the folder?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

doug86 said:
xgeek said:
doug86 said:

\FLYOSD\FLY

no, that doesn't make sense, as that folder would get deleted every time you format the card, which I do every flight. The software on the Phantom should make the folder, don't you think?

LOL I do, but this is DJI we are taking about ;). Maybe worth a shot.

I tried two SD cards, formatting first, not formatting... I tried to make a folder for the dat files... so far, nada.

Let me know if anyone else find data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers