New unopened P4 for sale... Southern Calif

Reaction score
Long story but I have a new P4 delivered today from the apple store. I have a few days to bring it back for a full refund but if someone is local (North County San Diego) and wants to come get it I'll sell it for $1,400

Just let me know soon!

Pics avaliable

The only thing that I must ask is why don't you just return it to Apple? And I am sorry but I must also point out that you CANNOT buy the DJI care if you are not the original owner. If you want to save the tax, buy it from an authorized seller from Amazon. You are just setting up yourself for problems buying from a person, HOPEFULLY transfering the warranty and having no idea of he crashed it into the tree the first time and it has a pilot error broken gimbal that you wont discover until a week from now. Buyer beware to save approximately $126.

Also, if in Cali, you can get the "Post Production Sales Tax" and pay about $46 of 3.5% if you can show AT ALL that you own a business. They will also do it at Fry's and Best Buy. Fry's has a real one and Best Buy actually just adjusts the price to make it match 3.5 because they don't do the post production tax break and it's illegal not to sell with proper state tax but they are allowed to price match by actually lowering the price of the bird itself so if you are buying from any of these methods, you're buying an unknown new drone from someone you don't know to save either $46 or $126. Not advisable.

Also, is it only me that finds it odd that he could bring it back for no charge at all and is choosing not to? Do you just hate the mall or something?

Hate to be that guy but I have to point out the inconsistencies here. Maybe you're just a wealthy guy that would rather have someone come to your house than go deal with Apple, but it seems weird to me.

Caveat Emtor

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Why would you give up nearly $200 in taxes for free when you could just return it for full value at the Apple store? Even without the receipt Apple can lookup the purchase. So either you don't own the Phantom 4 in your possession, or do you have some other explanation that we should hear?

Reactions: Extreme24
Company discount... net to me was $1,380 so why not pass it along. I got my first one for a great price due to a screw up of not being able to pick it up when others could at the apple store. This was my back up one just in case that didn't go through. I have till the 4th to return it and mine works awesome! I will return it to Apple this next weekend if there isn't anyone around that wants to save a few bucks. No inconsistencies.. if I purchased it full price and paid the tax I would have returned it already.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Company discount... net to me was $1,380 so why not pass it along. I got my first one for a great price due to a screw up of not being able to pick it up when others could at the apple store. This was my back up one just in case that didn't go through. I have till the 4th to return it and mine works awesome! I will return it to Apple this next weekend if there isn't anyone around that wants to save a few bucks. No inconsistencies.. if I purchased it full price and paid the tax I would have returned it already.
That's a pretty good explanation. Thanks.

Haha, i was also wondering ! :), this explains everything ! :)

I need to work for a company that has DJI discount, would love to have that benefit and get an Inspire 1 Pro.

Unfortunately, the third party buyer here won't have the same 14 day return opportunity, and will have to deal directly with DJI as a warranty claim, should the transmitter be one of the many early shipments with underpowered Tx's, or have the faulty gimbal squeak that can lead to the "maximum gimbal angle exceeded error" and a gimbal lockup in flight. My online DJI P4 order had both, in addition to the paltry 12-16 minute flight times, instead of the promised 28+ minutes! Would have been a lot easier to just walk it back into Apple for a replacement or refund! The saved sales tax definitely did not make up for the hassle!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl