Reaction score

Attachments

• 2014-09-16_preview_featured.jpg
    2014-09-16_preview_featured.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 680
  • 2014-09-16__1__preview_featured.jpg
    2014-09-16__1__preview_featured.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 611
what are the advantages over the previous quick release prop guards? The down side i can see is even with the guards removed, you've still got the mounting clips being permanently attached adding weight

I bought the ones from Atlanta Hobby. Much more elegant design, easy to clip on and off. And when they are not in use, there is no additional hardware on the Phantom.

There are big differences between the fusion one and the one from Atlanta Hobby. They are 2 very different beasts. If you look closer you will see the fusion one isn't so bulky and has a more contoured design. Its also made using a SLS laser printer which makes it more durable, flexible, has a higher temperature rating and is better quality. The AT is made on a consumer grade 3d printer.

They are both good products so Im not putting down the AH one, each has its merits but yeah I just think the Fusion Imaging one is probably the better of the two.

Meta4 said:
New type - old type - they're all sails that cause more problems than they prevent.

Maybe once your more experienced then yeah probs no need for prop guards, but when just starting out they are a godsend. They have saved me heaps of times when I first started flying until I got the hang of what I was doing. As easy as these things are to fly, they are also easy to crash into something when that little bit of confidence comes in and you think you know what your dong lol.

Each to his own I guess, but yeah for beginners atleast prop guards are a great way to lean to fly without damaging anything.

I agree there is a time and a place for them. If you are flying near trees that have a "hit me" sign on them its good to use them. They are more visible in the camera and they seem to be one more cause for a crash. But by having the quick release they are easy enough to use when you want to.

Mopar Bob said:
I agree there is a time and a place for them. If you are flying near trees that have a "hit me" sign on them its good to use them. They are more visible in the camera and they seem to be one more cause for a crash. But by having the quick release they are easy enough to use when you want to.

Thats exactly why I use the quick release. Easy on, easy off when you need it without the drama and time spent of screwing and unscrewing and missing the perfect opportunity to film something. You cant go wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.