NEW TYPE FPV UNLIMITED RANGE

Reaction score
Hi Every one !

So here my new plan and i was wondering if any one has tried this so far,

I love the Go-pro great photos great footage but with the TX and Iosd Mini and the gimbal it all adds up to extra weight and less flight time so i got my hunting hat on and this is what i have found.

A chap has created a app call Air Boss that streams live footage from a Mobile phone over 3g/4g to a laptop or Tablet with all the flight data attached, so my though is to get the best 4k mobile must be android and strap her up to the P2, from the app you can take photos and video shots straight from tablet but I'm guessing that I'm going to want a Gimbal so are there any other light weight gimbal options for the p2 that can carry a phone, I'm thinking this will be good as the phone will have its own power supply and not limited to range (subject to signal)

M

Interesting idea. I am generally disappointed how little modern technology has been integrated into FPV. i just spent 350€ on a small screen that receives a truly disappointing analog video stream on a crappy 7" LCD screen.... while my 7.7" SuperAmoled tablet sits at home.

I really would like to see some more capable digital FPV systems, with smartphone/tablet integration. Phantom 2 Vision FPV is a step in the right direction. Lightbridge is perfect! but €1200......... there must be somethign cheaper. RasberryPi comes to mind. Hm.

Either way, as soon as 4G gets involved for video streaming, you ll need one heck of a data plan :D

The Pi Will work we have come across this idea to but the camera quality is limited and we wanted something 4k, There has recently been a GSM module added to the Pi i would love to see some one pull this off as is could be a all in one system which would be great.

Were testing the Air Boss systems this weekend but so far the trials are looking good my only concern is a signal drop Phynesse my FPV is not that great either but the go pro give a great film

Well i have testet the Airboss , its great IF you have internet ,
else its useless IMO
the parring part is the one that ruins it , the parring part should be done via WIFI or BT, and NOT via Internet,
when iam in the field with my phantom , there are usally no internet connection via phone and then the problem is starting,
IF i get a signal on one of the phones , then what do i do with the other phone ? i dont have sim Card in that ,
IF i use internet wifi sharing on one of the phone , then i cant connect to the portabel router i have,

So ditch the Parring ( or use parring via Wifi or BT )

But i must say , the idea is great and it does Work

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub