New Tracking on Litchi

Reaction score
Anyone tried tracking yet? I had a quick look but nothing showed on screen after setting switch and tracking. Thx

Here's a demo showing how it works:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very cool. This actually solves one problem I've been having with a shoot ... or at least, looks like it will — I'll test that theory this weekend!

Tried this morning. Just a small test. Tracking a stationary object (flying around it)

P3s got about 20 metres away from object, drone just over edge off cliff, drone stopped responding, then 'lost connection' on screen.

Drone in hover, about 7 metres up, but over cliff. No response.

At this point the red light comes onto the controller, and proper panic sets in. Yellow flashing lights now on drone. Total lost connection.

After a long four minutes, the drone eventually responded to a side switch RTH

Phew...

AS, did you also completely shut down the DJI Go app? I mean, not just the normal close before running Litchi, but actually making sure that it's not running in the background?

I've learned that if it's still in the background, it can still be in some control of the aircraft.

What I do on the iPad Air 2:
  1. Run the DJI Go app if I need to, to set parameters that the Litchi app doesn't, such as camera settings.
  2. Close it with a single button push to the iPad home button
  3. Double-click the iPad home button and swipe the DJI Go app off the screen to be sure it's not running in the background
  4. Then run the Litchi app

You can kill the background DJI Go process after starting the Litchi app — that works as well. I've been in your situation, had the DJI Go app do something funky while flying with Litchi, switched away and turned off the Go app, then went back to Litchi.

Reactions: Ambivalent Squirrel
I tried the new tracking mode. About 30 ft altitude. It just kind of stayed there and would pivot left to right, right to left (it looked like the AC was saying "NO") I exited that mode real quick.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 & Tapatalk

I tried it today and it worked fine, in general. The movements were sometimes pretty choppy, but it followed me left and right.

If I defined me (who finger rectangle enclosing me) in the app while standing in the sun, I found that I could lose it by backing into shade.

I also found that if I defined my shape while I stood in the shade, it didn't track very well with sunny areas around

But when I wasn't trying to beat it, it worked fine. I kept a finger on the F/A/P switch in case it went apey on me. It didn't.

AS, did you also completely shut down the DJI Go app? I mean, not just the normal close before running Litchi, but actually making sure that it's not running in the background?

I've learned that if it's still in the background, it can still be in some control of the aircraft.

What I do on the iPad Air 2:
  1. Run the DJI Go app if I need to, to set parameters that the Litchi app doesn't, such as camera settings.
  2. Close it with a single button push to the iPad home button
  3. Double-click the iPad home button and swipe the DJI Go app off the screen to be sure it's not running in the background
  4. Then run the Litchi app

You can kill the background DJI Go process after starting the Litchi app — that works as well. I've been in your situation, had the DJI Go app do something funky while flying with Litchi, switched away and turned off the Go app, then went back to Litchi.

Very careful to make sure that DJI go wasn't running, and any processes were killed.

Not sure if the litchi app caused my issue or not - I've flown in that location with dji go several times before with no problem. The drone not responding to the controller at all was the scary bit, and when the controller light turned red, and the drone started flashing yellow, I was preparing to v wait for low batteries for it to fly home.

All of this happened within about 50 ft, so I'm a little suspicious of Litchi...

Weirdness.

I have successfully switched from one app to the other mid-flight. It's a bit scary to do so, but you can do it. That's one thing to try next time.

Also, you can fly with no app at all. You can shut them down and still use the controller sticks.

So no control at all, but having the craft hover fine, is weird.

That's a good time for panic mode, but did you have the chance to look at the icons along the top of the Litchi app, power indicators for remote signal, batteries, satellites, etc.?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers