New tracker gizmo for finding lost thongs

Not sure but isn't that just like the TAG. It really would not work for a UAV as to get any distance you are required to be around other users that have smart phone connectivity.

On its own I think its just a short range device and only gains range if around other users that happen to be close enough to be connected.

EDIT just found this on their site.

TrackR devices will stay connected with your phone up to 100 feet, conditions may vary in range. After the 100 feet, the TrackR device will disconnect and record your last known GPS location on a map located in the TrackR App.

However, Crowd GPS enables you to find your items after they have been lost. When an item goes missing with a TrackR device attached, all TrackR enabled phones will begin to search for that item. When another user comes nearby the lost item, that user's phone will anonymously ping our server to update the items item's owner with new GPS coordinates of when & where it was last seen. We currently have the largest active Crowd GPS network and we are constantly building this network so the updates become more real time, ensuring any item will be found.

yeah, i had high hopes for something like this.

I think it'd be great to get something that doesnt' require a subscription fee.

I did a bunch of research and believe the MarcoPolo is the best option out there for the money. It uses radio signals not cellular or bluetooth, plus there is no monthly fee.

Dirty Bird said:
I am a bit concerned. I don't really want to find lost thongs unless I first see a photo of who lost them! ;)
I'm willing to make the effort to help the young lass with or without a tracking device! That's just the kind of helpful person I am. :D

kirbinster said:
I did a bunch of research and believe the MarcoPolo is the best option out there for the money. It uses radio signals not cellular or bluetooth, plus there is no monthly fee.

What "radio signals"? How do you call cellular or bluetooth signals?

AnselA said:
kirbinster said:

What "radio signals"? How do you call cellular or bluetooth signals?

You attach the tracker unit to the craft and have a handheld unit the hones in on it and gives you the direction. You can find info about it at http://eurekaproducts.com/ and a review here http://multirotorpilotmag.com/marco-pol ... ng-system/

I lost my Phantom 1 in the dense woods. I kinda saw it go down and estimated it at about 500' away. Since then I upgraded to a phantom 2 and have gone on a few search and rescue missions to try to recover to no avail. I wonder if this device would have helped? I'm wondering if say you lost a Phantom with this device, then used a second Phantom to try to locate it? While the trees around here typically don't grow higher than 60-80', I'm wondering if this might be a solution? I'm assuming We'd have to attach a cell phone to the second drone?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj