Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New tracker gizmo for finding lost thongs

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by lutece7, Aug 26, 2014.

1. lutece7

2. rrmccabe

Not sure but isn't that just like the TAG. It really would not work for a UAV as to get any distance you are required to be around other users that have smart phone connectivity.

On its own I think its just a short range device and only gains range if around other users that happen to be close enough to be connected.

EDIT just found this on their site.

TrackR devices will stay connected with your phone up to 100 feet, conditions may vary in range. After the 100 feet, the TrackR device will disconnect and record your last known GPS location on a map located in the TrackR App.

However, Crowd GPS enables you to find your items after they have been lost. When an item goes missing with a TrackR device attached, all TrackR enabled phones will begin to search for that item. When another user comes nearby the lost item, that user's phone will anonymously ping our server to update the items item's owner with new GPS coordinates of when & where it was last seen. We currently have the largest active Crowd GPS network and we are constantly building this network so the updates become more real time, ensuring any item will be found.

3. Dirty Bird

It doesn't say what specific wireless technology it uses, but this looks like another Bluetooth based tracking system based on the 100' range. These type of devices are not going to be very useful for locating a lost Phantom.

4. ATOMSK

yeah, i had high hopes for something like this.

I think it'd be great to get something that doesnt' require a subscription fee.

5. Dirty Bird

I am a bit concerned. I don't really want to find lost thongs unless I first see a photo of who lost them! ;)

6. Zartimus

I hate it when I lose my thongs ;-)

7. DBS

DBS

When my wife loses her thong... All she gadda do is bend over and fart... poof... there it is again :|

8. kirbinster

I did a bunch of research and believe the MarcoPolo is the best option out there for the money. It uses radio signals not cellular or bluetooth, plus there is no monthly fee.

9. RedRyderMedia

I'm willing to make the effort to help the young lass with or without a tracking device! That's just the kind of helpful person I am. :D

10. AnselA

What "radio signals"? How do you call cellular or bluetooth signals?

11. kirbinster

You attach the tracker unit to the craft and have a handheld unit the hones in on it and gives you the direction. You can find info about it at http://eurekaproducts.com/ and a review here http://multirotorpilotmag.com/marco-pol ... ng-system/

12. SpikeFinch

13. Ohary

I lost my Phantom 1 in the dense woods. I kinda saw it go down and estimated it at about 500' away. Since then I upgraded to a phantom 2 and have gone on a few search and rescue missions to try to recover to no avail. I wonder if this device would have helped? I'm wondering if say you lost a Phantom with this device, then used a second Phantom to try to locate it? While the trees around here typically don't grow higher than 60-80', I'm wondering if this might be a solution? I'm assuming We'd have to attach a cell phone to the second drone?