New toys arrived today

Reaction score
DA1B29C3-FB9C-4BE9-B483-87741A77B51F.jpg

Charging my batteries now....test flight tmr morning. Keep you guys posted for the result.

Got one battery test flight today! Compare to having the fatshark spironet on the P2, the blue beam ultra definitely has better performance. I notice a lot less break up and interference!

Hey stoner, same here. I lost my bird on March 12 and I'm into about the third week of flying with my replacement build. This time I went with the same BlueBeam Ultra pair and I'm very pleased with the performance. On my diversity receiver/monitor, the other antenna is a 10.1 db high gain panel, but at some point (like maybe when I get my head above water from the replacement costs), I'm probably going to score the BlueBeam helical. Till then, have fun...

fly safe/fly happy (no hashtag)

Hey stoner, same here. I lost my bird on March 12 and I'm into about the third week of flying with my replacement build. This time I went with the same BlueBeam Ultra pair and I'm very pleased with the performance. On my diversity receiver/monitor, the other antenna is a 10.1 db high gain panel, but at some point (like maybe when I get my head above water from the replacement costs), I'm probably going to score the BlueBeam helical. Till then, have fun...

fly safe/fly happy (no hashtag)

I have a Aomway helical from hobby king, it costs $15 bucks. It performs really well, crystal clear signal passed 1km range. My video feed surpass my radio range

Hey stoner, quick update here.
crystal clear signal passed 1km range. My video feed surpass my radio range

I never knew what my radio range was until yesterday. I got to 1230 meters and was having a little trouble with the wind and had to keep yawing to keep on my flight path over the dirt road. Then all of a sudden, I couldn't yaw, go forward or backward, roll, or anything. Then I saw the numbers by the direction to home start scrolling and stopped at ZERO. I knew then that I was out of control range and RTH had taken over. BTW, another surprise was that I was concentrating so hard on my FPV, I forgot to let go of the throttle until I was out of control range. I was shocked to see my altitude was at 540 meters or 1771 feet. Also, my video was still clear as a bell at this altitude and distance. Now I've got to do the long distance control upgrade to the RC antenna. I've had it for a number of months, but wanted to verify my radio range first.

Any news on the Blue Beam Ultras?

Blue beam ultras are great...as said above, I got one test flight with them. They for sure out perform the fat shark spiornet. Together with my helical antenna on my black pearl, my range on video exceed my radio range.

I am thinking doing an upgrade on my radio antenna too. I bought a TP link 9dbi antenna but sadly it was worst than the stock antenna. And the size of the antenna is ridiculous. I am going for the FPVLR 2.4 radio set next pay cheque!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31