Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Toy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by colchester daz, Apr 10, 2013.

1. colchester daz

Got myself a new toy, I really wanted some FPV glasses, but didnt want to have to keep slipping them on and off depending if i wanted to watch the quad itself or not, So problem solved...

What do you think... It can also be mounted on a tripod, and comes with a sun screen.

[​IMG]

2. Lee Z

I'm interested in the same setup. Please update on what you think about it. What do you plan to use for a cam??

3. colchester daz

Yeah no probs I'll post up a review once Ive used it, I'm using a Hero 3 for the cam.

4. pwright

Mount seems nice enough. Would be nice to know who made it? The model? Where you got it? Was it a package or did you piece it together? Did it come with the cables to connect to your Hero 3?

5. Lee Z

Here are the specs on the monitor itself.
    http://www.foxtechfpv.com/58g-wireless- ... p-889.html

6. Adam

I was about to pull the trigger on an ImmersionRC setup last week, well pre-order as its been out of stock for a long time.

Now that the Phantom Vision has been announced I think I'm going to try that out, I already have an ipad which I can use as the FPV screen.

7. pwright

Have you seen any specs on distance yet Adam? I'm having a hard time believing it will be good for more than a 100 feet and the bandwidth is going to drop with distance which means latency will go up.