New to this

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,
New to the site and relatively new to drones and photography.

I want to know if there is any "must haves" to get my my p3 pro. As far as aftermarket parts or extended batteries etc. Also looking for some info on the best video editing for these videos and best way to transfer from my device to social media. The upload makes the quality so crappy from what I found

You need at least ND filters to balance the light as there is no aperture control in P3 camera.

You may need a good third party app for waypoint missions.

You will also need a SW to process your videos and a good speed computer that can handle 4K videos.

Upload quality would be as good as you can process.

And the first thing in the last you need flying practice :)

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum cadams. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

If you are getting your photos/movies from the device it only captures a low res copy. You need to get them from the SD card either via a card reader or the included USB cable plugged into the quad.

So we can help you with software, what platform will you be using? Windows, Mac OS X?

I want to know if there is any "must haves" to get my my p3 pro. As far as aftermarket parts or extended batteries etc.
Check out my must-haves list here.

Also looking for some info on the best video editing for these videos
There are a lot of great tutorials on YouTube. Check out some of them here.

Reactions: DenHighFlyer
Msinger: your list shows the complete shopping list and thus it's not a must have list.

The first thing I would buy is a case. That way, you have all your gear together in one place so when you get to a site to shoot, you haven't forgotten anything. Nothing worse than traveling a way to a shoot site only to discover you've forgotten something like an SD card - or the connecting cable!

You can get cheap ones that work well too.

For me, the must have list:

1. Reinforcement plates/ sub-frame
2. DJI clone knock off backpack
3. gimbal protector
4. tablet extension holder
5. metal tablet bracket
6. Sandisk 64GB Extreme microSD
7. genuine DJI spare props
8. proper RC charger that can charge/ discharge to storage state + DJI to banana plug leads

Msinger: your list shows the complete shopping list and thus it's not a must have list.
At the top of my site, you'll find a "Must-Haves" section. Check it out ;)

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum cadams. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

If you are getting your photos/movies from the device it only captures a low res copy. You need to get them from the SD card either via a card reader or the included USB cable plugged into the quad.

So we can help you with software, what platform will you be using? Windows, Mac OS X?

OK that's where the problem lies then. I'll make sure I upload videos straight from the card. I was uploading them right from my device before.

Thanks for that.. Next question..
Best to use dji go app.. Or is there a better alternative

DJI GO app will likely do everything you need. No point looking at 3rd party apps until you run into limitations

I took the attitude of buy nothing extra until I learned how to fly it.
The logic being if it died in an accident I would have less invested. Leaving the option to quit at that point cheaper.
As my number of safe flights grew I gained confidence in myself and the air craft.
By then I realize what I needed the most and purchased in that order.

Reactions: Phantom-Four
Thanks for that.. Next question..
The Go app is the best one to use. When you get more experience you may want to ry out 3rd party apps for more options but until you get a few air miles under your belt stick with the Go app. It will keep you busy for a while.

I took the attitude of buy nothing extra until I learned how to fly it.
The logic being if it died in an accident I would have less invested. Leaving the option to quit at that point cheaper.
As my number of safe flights grew I gained confidence in myself and the air craft.
By then I realize what I needed the most and purchased in that order.
I am new to phantoms, but I have flown RC planes and helis often. I think my flying skills are pretty sufficient. I just want to know what works best for people now instead of slowly figuring it out. As far as limitations go.. What sort of limitations?

You should have no problem flying then.

You need
a case if you want to take it anywhere. (case options. props on or off. hard or soft case, backpack or suitcase style.)
an extra battery or more. No sense taking it somewhere in the case and flying only once.
an extra charger to get the battery's ready faster. (or charger that does multiple battery's.)
You might want Windsurfers for a bit more range at a cheap price.

It would be best to learn the DJI GO app first since no 3rd party app can completely replace it. You'll need the DJI GO app to set many of the settings, do most of the calibrations, and install firmware updates.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj