New to the Phantom World. Need help with latest firmware.

Reaction score
I have just got a Phantom 2 Vision plus. I have visited the DJI download page but I am not sure what I need to download to make sure that my Phantom is up to date with the firmwares.
I have downloaded and installed RC Assistant and Phantom 2 Vision assistant. I have downloaded the Driver installer as well but it asks me to connect the "MC". What is "MC" ?
Can anyone give me a straight forward step by step helping hand ?

Conecct your phantom no props on and turn radio wifi and bird on plus assistant

I have just got a Phantom 2 Vision plus. I have visited the DJI download page but I am not sure what I need to download to make sure that my Phantom is up to date with the firmwares.
I have downloaded and installed RC Assistant and Phantom 2 Vision assistant. I have downloaded the Driver installer as well but it asks me to connect the "MC". What is "MC" ?
Can anyone give me a straight forward step by step helping hand ?

MC is main control er ..IE the motherboard of the quad
MC - DJI Wiki

Google " dji MC "

for how to google " dji assistant connection" it will show you info.

while I could do what you ask by telling you, it iss far more helpful for you to do a little work on it yourself. Not to be mean but that is the only way anyone learns. Someone is not always around to answer. so showing how to find the answer is better than giving the answer. It lasts longer!

I have tried to do firmware update but I had a problem. Every time it tried to update the board (MC) I got an error message "update failed". So I tried a hard reset. Followed instructions to the letter by Jacksdrones on YouTube. Shorted out 2 pins at bottom F1 and F2. Went back to upgrade firmware but still get "upgrade failed" ..... any ideas ?

I have tried to do firmware update but I had a problem. Every time it tried to update the board (MC) I got an error message "update failed". So I tried a hard reset. Followed instructions to the letter by Jacksdrones on YouTube. Shorted out 2 pins at bottom F1 and F2. Went back to upgrade firmware but still get "upgrade failed" ..... any ideas ?

try:
a different usb cord
a different pc,
I had issue completing update on win 10 beta a few months back and had to use another pc win win 7 or 8 either worked.
win 10 would get about the same spot over and over and fail. I have not had to since

sometimes the Mc likes the dji usb only, had happened to me with an aftermarket usb cord

fferent

also when you go to do the update next try do this:
shut off quad for long time , even cool it down in fridge or outside if cold for a bit.
set up the pc and have everything ready to do the update,
connect the usb to the usb port on side of phantom body, not the one on gimbal
start the update asap.

good luck and have fun flying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers