New to the Forum

Reaction score
Hey Everybody.
**If your bored read on..

New to not only this forum but also to drone flying... I'm currently in Law Enforcement and hold a pilots license but I'm looking at starting my own business and I'm seeking some good info.

I know this has probably been said 100 times but I would like to start a successful drone business. I was about to purchase the Phantom 4 for aerial photos, videos, etc.. but I want to be sure thats the right move. I have an idea how to get this started but you can never have enough info. Any opinions or tips on which drone, photo editing software, or tablet I should go with?
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

I'm retired LE, and flying drones is one of my hobbies. Due to the FAA restricting commercial ventures with drones to those only with a pilot's license, it will remain a hobby.

One good thing, if you really want to get into the business, look into getting a DJI Inspire 1 since they are right at $2,000.00 now. They will give you a more professional product.

Oif you really want to get into the business, look into getting a DJI Inspire 1 since they are right at $2,000.00 now. They will give you a more professional product.
More professional looking or more professional functionality-wise? The Phantom 4 blows the Inspire 1 out of the water functionality-wise if there is no need to fly with a dual operator.

More professional looking or more professional functionality-wise? The Phantom 4 blows the Inspire 1 out of the water functionality-wise if there is no need to fly with a dual operator.
I'd go with something for a commercial venture I could grow into like the Inspire 1. I may start out with just myself flying and shooting the video but then have a second person in the future to operate the bird or the camera when I got better.

I'd go with something for a commercial venture I could grow into like the Inspire 1.
Ever flown one? If not, you should try it out. There are some serious disadvantages to using an Inspire 1 if that's not really the right tool for the job.

Ever flown one? If not, you should try it out. There are some serious disadvantages to using an Inspire 1 if that's not really the right tool for the job.
You are correct. The right tool for the job is the right tool for the job. Also, no, I've never flown one. I've watched countless youtube and vimeo videos of them, though. It just doesn't push my button, but if it would come down to $1,500.00, it may look better to me.

Since I'm retired, I'm making considerably less than I did while slaving so my point of view has changed with my economic reality. I've watched tons of shows and commercials on TV where drones are used, and if I was able to take advantage of my P4 without those pesky FAA restrictions, I'd use that first until my clients wanted/needed a better product. I would presume the Inspire 1 has the capability of moving the bar farther with it retractible landing gear and 360 gimbal. I could be wrong, though.

I would presume the Inspire 1 has the capability of moving the bar farther with it retractible landing gear and 360 gimbal. I could be wrong, though.
It really depends on what kind of bar you're trying to move. Those features are useless for a sole operator. A lot of people who have never flown an Inspire 1 love those features for some reason though. I guess it's just one of those things that's hard to grasp until you've actually tried it.

I've never flown the inspire either. I want to make sure whichever drone I go with that its more than capable to do the job. How are the pictures from the Phantom 4? Are they quality photos or would you recommend getting a photo editor?

I've never flown the inspire either. I want to make sure whichever drone I go with that its more than capable to do the job. How are the pictures from the Phantom 4? Are they quality photos or would you recommend getting a photo editor?
I'll let the others respond about quality and editors, but, let's say you show up to a job with a P4. It may be capable of getting the job done, but it may not "inspire" confidence since it really doesn't appear as a professional level piece of equipment when it can actually hold its own.

You show up with an Inspire 1 to a job, that in itself will show at least an appearance of some level of professionalism, inspiring confidence in you and your equipment's ability to get the job done. Appearances do mean things to many people.

Appearances do mean things to many people.
If this is really true, then the OP should surely buy the Matrice 600 instead. It makes the Inspire 1 look like a child's toy :D

If this is really true, then the OP should surely buy the Matrice 600 instead. It makes the Inspire 1 look like a child's toy :D
Oh yeah!

I referred above to all of the TV shows and commercials with drone work now I've been seeing. I wonder what that standard is right now. I'm not talking about just commercial work in general but what is used in the media.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers