New to the Forum and in dilemma

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to DJI (have had a few RC helicopters in past nothing fancy or too expensive).

Ok, so I'm looking at buying an DJI P3 but dont know if I should go for the Professional or Advanced.

I live in London UK and in a congested area but there are parks and open places around just a lot of tower blocks, what I wanted to ask is, is there a point me spending that few extra ££££'s and purchasing the professional version P3 or should I just go ahead with the advance?

I'm not too fussed about picture qualities but is it really worth that extra?

Your thoughts and inputs are much appreciated guys and thanks in advance.

D

Unless you have a computer and television that can keep up with 4k, you should be very happy with the P3A.

Reactions: rrmccabe
The picture quality is identical.
Video quality on the Advanced is very good.
You would only need the Pro if 4K video is very important to you.
If you don't know if 4K is important to you ... then it probably isn't.

@MDR thank you for your reply
lol the only 4K device's I have are my Samsung TV and Samsung Note 4 lol

I've never been much into taking pictures but will take a few with this from above when at BBQ's, parties and get together but should not be too fussed as its still HD rite?

You are very welcome.
It seems if you are skilled in photo and video editing, the 4k gives you more options.
Me, I just wanted the better gimble and no fisheye.
I will try my hand at some mild editing, but nothing serious. Flew my 3A last night, and to the untrained eye, it was beautiful.

Decided.
Going to order/pick up the advance.

Thanks guys, once I have it I will give updates.

Thanks

You are very welcome.
It seems if you are skilled in photo and video editing, the 4k gives you more options.
Me, I just wanted the better gimble and no fisheye.
I will try my hand at some mild editing, but nothing serious. Flew my 3A last night, and to the untrained eye, it was beautiful.

I can imagine, I can't wait to get my hands on one now, everytime I see a youtube vid I get so excited lol.

Thank you

I went for the Advanced as I didn't really need the 4k, but the biggest swayer (is that a word?) was that you need a very powerful computer and loads of disk space to edit 4k videos.

I'm South of London, so I may see you around!

Nick

I went for the Advanced as I didn't really need the 4k, but the biggest swayer (is that a word?) was that you need a very powerful computer and loads of disk space to edit 4k videos.

I'm South of London, so I may see you around!

Nick

Good move - wish I got the advanced & a battery or 2 for the same price as the Professional

You can buy the professional and record in 1080p, to keep the file sizes down. The you still have the option of shooting 4K in future. Also some sites claim you get better color from your 1080p footage when you start ith 4K and transcode down. I'm not convinced, but there it is. So far I've only shot at 1080p but I'm pleased I got the Pro. Have a good look at a comprehensive list of differences - many sites say the only difference is 4K, but there are others.

Thanks guys, I'm just going to purchase the advance and the money saved will be put towards extra battery, propellar guards etc.

@Alterastro see you around

D

I'm pretty sure with the money I'll save I can purchase the 100w charger and still have money left over rite?

Yes, if the only measure is the charger. I bought the 4k Pro to 'future proof' myself. I plan on having a 4k tv in the next 12-18 months. I should have a bunch of videos to play on it by then. :D

Thank you for everyones input, I'm a happy owner of a brand new P3A.

So excited that I had my first flight lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31