New to Phantoms and forum

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I am new to the forums and to the DJI Phantoms. I am looking at purchasing a P3P or a P3A in January at some point. I read that these units have a 500 meter altitude limit which is fine with me, is this still the case or have they lowered that limit yet to have the max be 400 feet? Has anyone heard of this limit being lowered to 400feet? Is there still currently any work arounds to go above the 500 meter limit for when I go by mountain ranges to get some nice footage or have all of those work arounds been removed by current updates to their software and firmware? Is there an ideal firmware/software version that these units should be left at to avoid any restrictions on these units?

Is there any where to find a list of all the firmware/software updates and what they do?

Can these units be operated in cold temperatures?

Is there any place in Canada to get these serviced if something breaks?

Look forward to hear all the responses. Thanks!

Hey Everyone

I am new to the forums and to the DJI Phantoms. I am looking at purchasing a P3P or a P3A in January at some point. I read that these units have a 500 meter altitude limit which is fine with me, is this still the case or have they lowered that limit yet to have the max be 400 feet? Has anyone heard of this limit being lowered to 400feet? Is there still currently any work arounds to go above the 500 meter limit

It's 500 metres now as it has been since they were released and will probably will stay at that.
There's no workaround so it's just one of the limits you have to work your flying around.

Thanks for the response. I was looking at other ready to fly drones and found that their altitude limits were 400 feet or less. With the new law coming out in the US I was wondering if DJI lowered the limit to the 400 feet yet or if there was any talks of them going to do it.

Welcome!
Where abouts in Canada are you?
You can fly in fairly cold temps. I've only flown mine at -1 C so far but some in this forum have had no problems at -10 and colder.

With regards to work arounds, I was reading on here that there is a Litch app that could work around the limit and there was someone who used the return to home button when hitting the 500 meter limit and held up on the joystick which would allow it to go beyond that 500 meter limit. Will these still work or is that no longer the case? Thanks again for the responses.

I'm in Manitoba Canada which gets pretty cold especially in the winter months

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20