New to phantom l

Reaction score
Hey folks totally new to drone/rc world and have some questions..... any help is appreciated.

1) Drone was given to me so wondering how to hook up to pc and where I can download software for tuning ... l have a mac computer. All l know is it is a phantom l. Not sure what version or if there are even different versions.

2) l was enjoying flying it and decided to take the prop guards off to see the difference. Yes, l made the mistake of screwing the screws back in nice n snug so now am looking for motor replacements. Is there an upgraded motor that is worth it? Do l need to replace the ESC with new motors? Are phantom and phantom ll motors interchangeable??

Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Welcome to the forum and hate to see you having issue's already . I'm not up on the P1 so I will put this where someone can advise you correctly .
Good luck :)

Thank you.....read up on the manual question 1 is answered.....does anyone have opinion on the motor replacements? Which motor would you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have never owned a P1 but my advice is stick with OEM propulsion parts.

You can find them here (I'm not affiliated with AH in any way):
DJI Phantom 1 Parts & Accessories

4 rows down you'll find the motors- 2 each of Part #7 and Part #22

Maybe others who own(ed) a P1 will chime in.

Do you have self tightening props? The first P1 had keyed props with acorn nuts, all right hand threaded. There was a later model 1.2 and then a Phantom 1.1.1. The 1.1.1 had self tightening props with the nuts built into the prop, it had 2 antennas and a tilt lever on the bottom of the controller.
Your problem with the longer screws destroying the motors was a common one. Usually the ESC's were not damaged by the motor failure. Be careful when you install new motors that you get the three wires attached correctly or the motor will spin in the wrong direction. You can switch any two of the three wires to reverse it. Your right front motor and left rear motor should spin counterclockwise and have right handed threads. The other two should spin clockwise and have left handed threads.
Also be careful that you install the top shell in the correct orientation, another common error.
Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31