New to phantom, have 2 questions

Reaction score
Im new to Phantom family, just got my first P4. i have 2 questions

1. For some reason on video play back there is no audio( from iphone connected to RC) Does camera has audio? im kind of confused.

2. Can P4 do acrobatic roll, like in Atii mode?

Thank you.

no
no

thank you for reply. o well looks like no need for audio when props spinning with 100db

that's true some people due like hearing the buzzing noise on video so they record it and add it to videos why who knows

i wish DJI can add Acro mode, limit it to over 10m altitude for safety and auto switch to Sport when under.

Just an opinion but I wouldn't even consider doing acrobatics with a $1400 UAV. Not slamming you or anyone else just saying. The basic airframe design of the helo was never meant to allow serious deviation of normal angle of attack anyway. Fixed wing, different story.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Phantom Flyer123
My kids have these little 250 series drones, I don't know about acrobatics but their aircraft responds much faster than mine. They can even flip them over. And a crash in the bean field doesn't cause catastrophic damage. The thrust to weight ratio is insane. FPV is equally insane. 100mW-200mW Vtx gives decent range too.

Just an opinion but I wouldn't even consider doing acrobatics with a $1400 UAV. Not slamming you or anyone else just saying. The basic airframe design of the helo was never meant to allow serious deviation of normal angle of attack anyway. Fixed wing, different story.

you would be suprised how well some of the smaller quads behave when inverted. look at the blade nano qx 3d

Rolling or flipping any quad is very simple and real fun. $1400 drone should be able to do all tricks just by pressing a single button.

Rolling or flipping any quad is very simple and real fun. $1400 drone should be able to do all tricks just by pressing a single button.
it definitely should not
a $1400 racing drone should, but if the phantom 4 crashed while doing any tricks, it would be completely destroyed. this type of quadcopter is made for flying, not tricks. It would not be able to because it is too heavy to properly do that. There are different types of quads for different things. If you wanted one that would do tricks, you got the wrong one. I have a 180 class racing quadcopter which is much smaller and lighter, and can do all these tricks (but requires practice) but the battery lasts 5 minutes and the camera is terrible (it is $800, so its not like it is just cheap)
the phantom 4 frame itself was not made for doing tricks, and most people who buy this do not want to be able to do tricks. This is an enthusiast aerial quadcopter, and not a cheap chinese one that does flips.

it definitely should not
a $1400 racing drone should, but if the phantom 4 crashed while doing any tricks, it would be completely destroyed. this type of quadcopter is made for flying, not tricks. It would not be able to because it is too heavy to properly do that. There are different types of quads for different things. If you wanted one that would do tricks, you got the wrong one. I have a 180 class racing quadcopter which is much smaller and lighter, and can do all these tricks (but requires practice) but the battery lasts 5 minutes and the camera is terrible (it is $800, so its not like it is just cheap)
the phantom 4 frame itself was not made for doing tricks, and most people who buy this do not want to be able to do tricks. This is an enthusiast aerial quadcopter, and not a cheap chinese one that does flips.

i disagree. I build my own FPV quads in different shapes and sizes. Frames ranges from 250 to 600. 600 with similar shape as P4 flips perfectly fine. P4 has lot of power to easily flip and rolls. Im sure P4 does not have acro mode because most Phantom owners not really the pilots and DJI do not want to get into the trouble then 90% owners will destroy new toy by utilizing acro mode. Because in acro mode GPS, compass, accelerometer, baro, sonar all OFF, pure pilot skills.

Last edited:
Is atti mode the same as acro??... i dont know bout flips and what not with the phantom...werent these made and advertised as "flying cameras" not stunt drones. I use my blade 180 for stunts and the phantom for videos and distance runs. If you get your p4 to do tricks post it up..id like to see that!! There us a video on youtube where this guy does tricks/stunts with his phantom.

Best of luck with your flips, but should be careful attempting with the P4 or any of the Phantom range.To attempt in ATTI it is daring but you must be an exceptional pilot if you achieve it. Should it fail then unlikely you will have any parts undamaged to sell.

Maybe you should realize the Phantom is a PHOTOGRAPHIC device, meant to take pictures or video while you don't have to be too busy flying the thing. Whatever it can or could or should be able to do, it was certainly not DESIGNED to do tricks with.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Meh.... nonsense my phantoms have done heaps of flips and acrobatics over the years, recently my P4 cartwheeled down a dam wall, whilst inverted, and then done an under water trick.

Is atti mode the same as acro??... i dont know bout flips and what not with the phantom...werent these made and advertised as "flying cameras" not stunt drones. I use my blade 180 for stunts and the phantom for videos and distance runs. If you get your p4 to do tricks post it up..id like to see that!! There us a video on youtube where this guy does tricks/stunts with his phantom.

not the same, Acro mode then accelerometer is OFF, Atii still using accelerometer to auto level. Will be nice to have one extra Acro mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31