New to Phantom 2

The second one mate... So thats the interference board. Cheers

Best place for it is inside the shell. You will have to move the wire going to the gimbal to another hole which isn't that hard to do. This is what I meant by only two items attached the the bottom.
IMG_9144.jpg
IMG_9145.jpg
Notice which holes the gimbal and TX wires come out of. This is an earlier photo and the gimbal wire is under the TX as there was enough room between the TX sockets and heatsink to place the cable underneath

Great stuff mate... Right i have just moved it inside now using that vid you sent me :)
Looks miles neater... Have got monitor, and have ordered iosd mini and immersionrc 600mw. Do you take the plastic wrapping off transmitter im guessing? Looking forwards to some fpv now mate :)

Great stuff mate... Right i have just moved it inside now using that vid you sent me :)
Looks miles neater... Have got monitor, and have ordered iosd mini and immersionrc 600mw. Do you take the plastic wrapping off transmitter im guessing? Looking forwards to some fpv now mate :)

NOOOO!! That wrap is there to protect the components from being shorted out so leave it on. You may cut around the the switch if necessary to chance switch positions for different frequencies but that's all. To anchor it to the P2 see if you can find 3M Scotch 1in x 1.66yds Extreme mounting Tape as it can hold up to 30lbs weight and apply it to aluminum heatsink then to bottom of the P2.

Okie dokie... Will leave that on then :)
Ahhh ok will cut round to set the switches up them :)
Ill try find that stuff now then. Cheers :)
Looking forwards to seeing it all running :)

I have installed FPV setup. It is working good, but cannot update the iosd mini at all? It wont find it on laptop... Have installed it a few times but will not find iosd. Very fruhstrating as i cant refit the top of drone until i have updated it! :/ cheers

I have installed FPV setup. It is working good, but cannot update the iosd mini at all? It wont find it on laptop... Have installed it a few times but will not find iosd. Very fruhstrating as i cant refit the top of drone until i have updated it! :/ cheers

There really hasn't been an update iOSD since it was introduce in 2013 but you may need it if you have to make left or right positioning adjustments. You will have to unzip it.
Phantom 2 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

Oki dokie! :)
I watched a youtube video and it was telling me to do a update before i refitted top cover. But if its all good to go in alright. I have boxed it up and gonna go for first FPV flight in 5 mins! Will update how i get on with it today! :) Cheers

Took it for a flight and since i put in the immersionrc 600mw then range was appauling to be honest :/
I had it 50M above and 2M away from me and the screen was very barely visable :/
Anyone know why this could be, is there something i should neeed to adjust on screen? Cheers

Took it for a flight and since i put in the immersionrc 600mw then range was appauling to be honest :/
I had it 50M above and 2M away from me and the screen was very barely visable :/
Anyone know why this could be, is there something i should neeed to adjust on screen? Cheers

Which monitor do you have and have you mounted the sunhood on it? Even it a sunhood don't stand with the sun over your shoulder and adjusting brightness/contrast over 50% will not help either. Non of these monitors including smart phones and tablets have anti glare screens so sunhoods are necessary..

Apologies, i have wrote this completely, its loosing signal at very low range... I didnt have sun screen on as was a dark day. But the monitor was not receivinf the image very well as soon as i got 50M up. Its the Lilliput 329/DW. Cheers

Apologies, i have wrote this completely, its loosing signal at very low range... I didnt have sun screen on as was a dark day. But the monitor was not receivinf the image very well as soon as i got 50M up. Its the Lilliput 329/DW. Cheers

Post photos of your antenna setup on the quad and monitor. It's necessarily the fault of the antennas but in how there being directed. Also watch this video on antennas.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For me, it was antennas. I have the Immersion with a Black Pearl, and it was awful until I spent about $100 on antennas... lol... now it's awesome. Check out the video that Jason posted above, gives a better understanding of how it all works...

Thanks lads... I will pop a photo of both on here to show you. But its just the standard antennas on it. Thanks for link Jason and Ken which ones did you install to them please? Cheers

Thanks lads... I will pop a photo of both on here to show you. But its just the standard antennas on it. Thanks for link Jason and Ken which ones did you install to them please? Cheers

Well, I started with these:

5.8GHz Fatshark spiroNET Antenne Set Cloverleaf and SPW - FPV 5.8 - ImmersionRC

Put one on the Immersion on my Phantom, and one on my Black Pearl along with a stock Black Pearl antenna. I found that the signal was just unbelievably awful, so I replaced the stock Black Pearl antenna with this:

ImmersionRC SpiroNET 5.8GHz CP Patch Antenna IRL2302

That totally made a difference, it worked great! But.... then I got to thinking... I mount my Immersion on the bottom of my Phantom. The optimal orientation of the antenna on the Phantom is straight down, so I bent the FatShark so it pointed downwards. I didn't really like it, and I couldn't get a 90 Degree adapter for it because the antenna was too long, it would hit the ground mounted that way, so I upgraded that antenna with this one:

Circular Wireless SPW58 Skew Planar Wheel 5.8 GHz FPV Antenna

I actually got better reception with this one than the FatShark.

But, as with anything else in this hobby, your mileage may vary... just because it worked for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. You can go out and get all that, and even though we might have the same equipment, sometimes something very small might not make it work for you. But that was my process and result.... here is a picture of how I mounted it. The FatShark antenna is too long to mount it like this without bending it.
Phantom Antenna.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452703541.704773.jpg

These are the ones on my monitor and the one on my immersion is just the standard one. Will have a look about and get something ordered then :)
Just hope i can get a little bit more range. Many thanks

It should be a law that these things should be shipped with better antennas... lol... the "rubber ducks" are useless..

I am assuming that you are not in the States, so I hope you can get some decent antennas at a decent price. Heard they can be quite expensive out there...

View attachment 40336

These are the ones on my monitor and the one on my immersion is just the standard one. Will have a look about and get something ordered then :)
Just hope i can get a little bit more range. Many thanks

The antenna on the P2 should be pointed straight down and those on the monitor should be set at 45° so the signal is received along the sides. You also have to realize that when the quad is directly over head the angle of its antenna is not optimum either as very little signal is emitted off the end. I am not saying that changing the type of antennas you use will not improve the quality or distance because to higher gain antennas will make a big improvement.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31