New to Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hi,
Just looking at buying a Phantom 2 drone, one i am looking at has the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal on it.. Completely new to these and just want to know what i would need to be able to use iphone as a FPV? The one im looking at has the drone, 2 batteries, controller, gimbal. Would this work straight away? Cheers

Hi, no this wouldn't work on FPV as you would need a video transmitter to send the signal over a wireless link. I don't think there is a way to do that with an iphone, I think you would need a dedicated monitor with receiver built in, something like the black pearl.

By the time you have brought that phantom, & all the FPV gear it would probably end up cheaper to get a phantom 3 standard, which would do what you wanted straight out of the box.

Hi tricey, Welcome to the forum,

Unfortunately you wont be able to use your Iphone with the go pros wifi and both the wifi and the control link operate on the 2.4ghz wave length. What you will need is an mini IOSD fpv hub from dji and a 5.8Ghz VTX (video transmitters) of your choice. There are loads out there the most popular being from immersionRC however if you want a clean solder free install you could look into DJIs VTXs.

You will also need a Compatible 5.8ghz receiver and a monitor. Lots of us use the flysight black pearl as it combines the two. All of this though is going to set you back a good £300 or $400 and you will need to open your phantom up... There are cheeper ways but will require much more soldering...

Welcome to the forum .
If you want a easy setup to use with your iPhone get a P2v P2v+ or a P3 .
The P2 with zenmuse you need to add some things and still can not use a phone or tablet .

Thanks for help lads.
Not looking great then. :/
How would i know if its a P2/ or a V model please? Is there anything to look for?

Cheers

P2v P2v+ both come with a cam. Installed .
Like said above with a P2/zenmuse you will need extras for FPV + a GoPro by that time you are getting close to the price of a P3p IMO it is the best out there to date .
Don't get me wrong I fly a P1 & P2 with all the extras on both and I am very happy with both but if I where to buy another bird it would be a P3p

I got the drone for a really good price and it already has a gopro on it, but i already have a gopro so will have a spare, am i correct in thinking that i will need:

-A monitor (with receiver built in)
-immersionRC 600mw transmitter
-a mini iosd
Will this be all that is required?

What is the purpose of the iosd mini?

Cheers

I got the drone for a really good price and it already has a gopro on it, but i already have a gopro so will have a spare, am i correct in thinking that i will need:

-A monitor (with receiver built in)
-immersionRC 600mw transmitter
-a mini iosd
Will this be all that is required?

What is the purpose of the iosd mini?

Cheers

The mini iOSD give you the telemetry on the monitor screen such as battery,height, distance, satellites and so on.

That makes sense. Should there be a cable going from go pro upto the drone, that i would connect to the transmitter? Cheers

That makes sense. Should there be a cable going from go pro upto the drone, that i would connect to the transmitter? Cheers

To do it right you'd need a gimbal and h4-3d would be ideal as the video feed from the GoPro would go through the gimbal to the iosd to the transmitter and downlinked to the monitor. So if the P2 you bought didn't come with a gimbal you could be looking at spending around $500.or more to complete a FPV system.

Nope... It has that gimbal with it already. It doesnt look too expensive if its only the bits i listed earlier? Just want to check thats correct? Cheers

Thanks Jason. That seem simple enough then... Will get it all ordered and fitted then. :)

Thanks Jason. That seem simple enough then... Will get it all ordered and fitted then. :)

Many of us mounted the iosd inside the P2 so that the only this outside were the gimbal and TX. You will also need a dji anti-interference board which is also install inside the shell.
DJI Anti-Interference Board for Zenmuse H3-3D CP.ZM.000067 B&H
Here's how to install that interference board.
Also where I installed the iosd module.
IMG_1551.jpg

Thanks for help lads, my P2 came and had it out once or twice, but had a hectic last few days due to family member in hospital. Will order the FPV equipment and get it installed. Many thanks

I have just got all FPV equipment ordered. The person i purchased the Phantom from has installed a board which looks like the interference board, this is secured to the underside of the drone? Would you think this is the interferance board? It has a cable going from the gimbal to the board then the otherside goes back up into the drone? Cheers

I have just got all FPV equipment ordered. The person i purchased the Phantom from has installed a board which looks like the interference board, this is secured to the underside of the drone? Would you think this is the interferance board? It has a cable going from the gimbal to the board then the otherside goes back up into the drone? Cheers

Watch this video and install the interference board inside the shell along with the mini iOSD so all thats left outside is the gimbal, camera and transmitter.
IMG_1551.jpg

Yeah will do mate... Just wanted to check if you think this will be the interference board? Im guessing so but jist wanted to check. Cheers

Yeah will do mate... Just wanted to check if you think this will be the interference board? Im guessing so but jist wanted to check. Cheers

Which board is it that you need to identify?
dji hub kit.jpg
interference board.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik