New to me P3P - Firmware question

Reaction score
Hello,

Been flying my P2 with a GroPro since it was new. Never failed me and still going.

I wanted another Quad to play with so I just picked up a P3P of the classified and got it today. Since I have never used the DJI GO app I am moving slow. When I turned the P3P and controller on today it said it needed a firmware update on just about everything. It currently has AC v1.5.30 and RC v1.5.70.

So I went to the DJI download page for mine and saw there were 4 versions available for download. Normally I would have just updated to the latest version but decided to see what the forum had to say. I started searching and got pretty confused.

All in all I am thinking that the v1.8.80 on the download page is as far as I should go. From what I am reading the next two newer releases, 1.9.6 and 1.10.9 may cause problems. But my thinking is after 6 months DJI would have updated or removed these releases if they were bad.

So, now I don't know what to do. I know sometimes there are perceived problems that have nothing to do with the software. May a calibration issue or something else.

Can you tell me what you are running? Point me to ant real issues of the newer releases.

I am wanting to fly it Saturday but am not going to do it until I am sure what release is best.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Harold

My Setup is this:

Motors are older style model 2312 at 960 kv. Newer ones have same performance but are quieter and put out way less heat.

My remote controller is the older GL300B. It has better power output then the newer GL300C.

My quad is the model W323.

DJI Go App Version 3:10 Installed Feb 2016

iPad Version 10:3:1 Installed May 2017

Aircraft 1:5:30 Installed Feb 2016

Remote Control 1:5:7 Installed Feb 2016

IMU Calibration done Feb 2016

Compass Calibration Feb 2016

There is no way I would change or update these settings unless I absolutely have to. I bought my quad new in August 2015.

Mine has flown over 2 km away from the home point (6500ft, 2 miles) with no loss of video signal, or degraded quad performance, It has no warm up time issues, no weird flight issues, and does everything as it should. I mostly fly it around construction sites, and have even flown it through a partially constructed steel warehouse with steel purlins in place to support the roof - but no roof though.

My compass MOD sensor settings are usually in the range 1450 to 1550 before takeoff. (General Settings >Main Controller Settings >Advanced Settings >Sensors) Sometimes they are not, and the app tells me there is too much interference, and I move a couple of feet away, and takeoff and land there with no problems.

I stored the quad away for 11 months, and when I pulled it out again a few weeks ago, after charging everything up fully, it flew just like it was new.

Your firmware settings would not give you any problems based on my experience. In fact you would be better off to not update them in my opinion.

Hello,

Been flying my P2 with a GroPro since it was new. Never failed me and still going.

I wanted another Quad to play with so I just picked up a P3P of the classified and got it today. Since I have never used the DJI GO app I am moving slow. When I turned the P3P and controller on today it said it needed a firmware update on just about everything. It currently has AC v1.5.30 and RC v1.5.70.

So I went to the DJI download page for mine and saw there were 4 versions available for download. Normally I would have just updated to the latest version but decided to see what the forum had to say. I started searching and got pretty confused.

All in all I am thinking that the v1.8.80 on the download page is as far as I should go. From what I am reading the next two newer releases, 1.9.6 and 1.10.9 may cause problems. But my thinking is after 6 months DJI would have updated or removed these releases if they were bad.

So, now I don't know what to do. I know sometimes there are perceived problems that have nothing to do with the software. May a calibration issue or something else.

Can you tell me what you are running? Point me to ant real issues of the newer releases.

I am wanting to fly it Saturday but am not going to do it until I am sure what release is best.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Harold
I have updated my p3A to the latest release. My controller is of the most recent also. I use an ipad air2. No problems at all. My controller is a gl300c and I get 3km with no drop in signal. I use autopilot more than djigo. I really like the autonomous flight of autopilot. Some great footage can be shot with it. good luck, I would update everything to the latest. But wait to hear what others have to share.

Dont worry about the warnings in the GO app. It will ***** and moan about firmware updates, but nothing is forcing you to do it.

I would go out and fly and see if every thing works. If everything works to your satisfaction, I would leave the versions where they are..

Go ahead and update. It is best to have the latest as to not cause conflicts.

Go ahead and update. It is best to have the latest as to not cause conflicts.

That's kind of how I was leaning. How it is now when I hit the C1 button the App says it needs access to the button every time I press it. No matter how I answer the question it keeps asking.

Maybe an update will fix that too.

Have you seen that?

Firmware 1.08.0080,RC 1.6, GoApp 2.82. IOS 10.2. Perfect for me on 500 flights. No issues. I wont go any further. I would recommend going up to at least 1.08.0080 on firmware as that will update your batteries also. As for going any further that has to be your choice. Happy flying!

My Setup is this:

Motors are older style model 2312 at 960 kv. Newer ones have same performance but are quieter and put out way less heat.

My remote controller is the older GL300B. It has better power output then the newer GL300C.

My quad is the model W323.

DJI Go App Version 3:10 Installed Feb 2016

iPad Version 10:3:1 Installed May 2017

Aircraft 1:5:30 Installed Feb 2016

Remote Control 1:5:7 Installed Feb 2016

IMU Calibration done Feb 2016

Compass Calibration Feb 2016

There is no way I would change or update these settings unless I absolutely have to. I bought my quad new in August 2015.

Mine has flown over 2 km away from the home point (6500ft, 2 miles) with no loss of video signal, or degraded quad performance, It has no warm up time issues, no weird flight issues, and does everything as it should. I mostly fly it around construction sites, and have even flown it through a partially constructed steel warehouse with steel purlins in place to support the roof - but no roof though.

My compass MOD sensor settings are usually in the range 1450 to 1550 before takeoff. (General Settings >Main Controller Settings >Advanced Settings >Sensors) Sometimes they are not, and the app tells me there is too much interference, and I move a couple of feet away, and takeoff and land there with no problems.

I stored the quad away for 11 months, and when I pulled it out again a few weeks ago, after charging everything up fully, it flew just like it was new.

Your firmware settings would not give you any problems based on my experience. In fact you would be better off to not update them in my opinion.
Same here, but new motors. Everything is updated to the latest. Not one single issue.

That's kind of how I was leaning. How it is now when I hit the C1 button the App says it needs access to the button every time I press it. No matter how I answer the question it keeps asking.

Have you seen that?
It was some issue with a version of the GO app. I can't remember what the fix was.

Well, tell me what I did wrong. I went into the app and hit the upgrade. It downloaded the firmware, updates the RC, and then told me to reboot the RC. Now it won't connect to the AC but I don't think it every updated it. And now thru the app it doesn't show it needs an upgrade. It also doesn't show the version.

Any ideas on what to do? I was thinking of downloading the software to a SD card and updating that way.

Help :)

Have you seen that?
Are you using an Apple product? It might need the iOS updated.
If that is not the issue. Close the Go app. Start up the controller and the Phantom but not the Go app. Now press the C1 button and you should still get the same pop up. Click allow. It should be gone for good.

Are you using an Apple product? It might need the iOS updated.
If that is not the issue. Close the Go app. Start up the controller and the Phantom but not the Go app. Now press the C1 button and you should still get the same pop up. Click allow. It should be gone for good.

Yes, it's an iphone 6s. I'll try what you said. Right now I am trying to get my firmware updated. I thought I understood the process, but I guess not.

I updated the RC to the current version through the App on the phone. It now shows the current version. I downloaded the firmware to a SD card and put it in the P#P. It appears to be updating now so I guess I know when it gets done beeping and blinking.

Thanks for you suggestion.

Got it all upgraded to the current software. Took a quick night-time flight around the house and it works great.

I love the way the Phantoms look at night in the air.

Harold

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers