New to iPad GS questions

Buk

Reaction score
In the lower left of one of the screens there is a max time before Go Home initiates timer. The timer seems to default to 16:00:00. That appears to be 16 hours:zero minutes:zero seconds. Is my understanding correct that should be reset for each flight more realistically to zero hours:16 minutes:zero seconds, 00:16:00 ?

I set up a flight pattern of 10 waypoints in simulation mode at a location three hours (150 miles) from where I am now and saved the pattern. Each waypoint had a specific GPS map location and height, speed, heading, etc.

I quit the application, restarted the application and pulled up the saved flight pattern. The pattern showed up on the map, but did not zoom to the map location originally used. In the iPad application, is only the shape saved and not the GPS information? Is this a PC version only feature?

If I actually go to that location and fly the pattern I want and create each waypoint as I fly, can I, using the iPad application, save those exact points and return say return 10 days later and fly those exact points again by pulling up a saved flight?

I want to video changes at a construction site, over time, from the exact same points each time I visit the site.

Lastly, today anyway, how well does the PC Ground Station run on a Mac running Bootcamp?

thanks for your assistance.

I am learning GS myself so I can not comment to much on your questions. I am however an all Apple kind of guy so when I got my DJI I was crippled by the need to use a Windows based machine for several things that had no Mac counterpart. I found the iPad version of GS lacking the tool box the PC version has so I just bought a PC tablet, the WinBook TW100. It runs an Intel Atom processor and uses a full Windows version 8.1 so any pc program should run on it. It arrives tomorrow. This way I can use the tool box settings in the field. These tablets can be had for as little as $75 (maybe less) for the 7" version, I went with the 10" version due to it having USB3 and HDMI output, etc. for $179.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20