New to FPV.

Reaction score
Hello,

So I recently got a Phantom 2 with the gimbal and a GoPro Hero3 White Edition. Watching FPV looks really exciting so I thought I would give it a go.
I don't have a very big budget however I would like to get a FPV system and I also don't have very much knowledge on this.
I was looking at a kit from HobbyKing (link below) however I thought that you might be able to get it cheaper if you buy the parts separately.
After some more research I also came across another FPV kit on Amazon. Would you recommend getting a kit like those two or buying parts separately?
It would also be pretty useful to have an OSD.

I don't need to fly out too far so range probably isn't a big thing for me.
If someone could direct me to an article about this or has a list of everything needed to get started that would be great!

Thanks.

HobbyKing FPV kit: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._FPV_Headset_System_w_Camera_and_5_8G_TX.html
Amazon FPV kit: http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-H...id=1400495651&sr=8-3&keywords=phantom+fpv+set

Do you want to see through the gopro? If so, those kits come with a camera that you will not need.

check out some of QYV's info viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26413

You can use both and choose with a switch. For example. If you want to actually see what your quad is doing (in gusty winds for instance) rather than looking through a steady gimballed gopro. Also, the 600TVL FPV camera that comes with the set is pretty good and gives a better FPV image because it has the same resolution as the video signal. The gopro widescreen image is downscaled and much smaller in the goggles. You see a bit more detail with the 600TVL and it has a FPV optimised field of view.

I use the same set and it is great. I get almost 1.6km FPV range with the stock antennas (250Mw fatshark Tx and Predator V2 goggles)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers