new to forum

Reaction score
Hello from Colorado. Have had my P1 for a couple of months now; great fun.
Stepping up slowly, but getting more comfortable the more I fly. I have field just down the street about 1/2 mile square. Doing much better flying there than in my backyard hitting tree branches.

Still having trouble getting GPS lock even after red lights go away... I pop it up and can tell pretty quick; no lock, drone slides sideways after returning to neutral. Reboot controller and quad and things return to normal.

Anyone fron the CO on this forum?

I'm a little bit North of Colorado, but we're neighbors.

Welcome to the forum jhkahuna. Prop guards my man, prop guards. That way when you hit the trunk of the tree, it just bounces off. What's your elevation there in CO, and what kind of flight time are you getting with what kind of battery? So many questions, so little time.

Reactions: Jacob
I'm a little bit North of Colorado, but we're neighbors.

Welcome to the forum jhkahuna. Prop guards my man, prop guards. That way when you hit the trunk of the tree, it just bounces off. What's your elevation there in CO, and what kind of flight time are you getting with what kind of battery? So many questions, so little time.

Yep... Prop guards are my friend. Although there is a set in the neighbors tree I have yet to find. I've been turning off GPS when landing.
I am right at a mile high.
Stock batteries and settings, getting 8- 10 minutes per flight.
I turned on IOC and heartbeat has gone down a bit. Have pushed it close to half mile, but comes with pucker factor.

I put a TrackR device... Seems to work ok, but have not had any fly-a-way worries either.

Trying to map out next steps... FPV or Ground Station? One of my kids is pushing for a gimbal. We have a place we visit near Taos NM.

Sounds very cool. And you go from beauty to beautiful to fly your bird. Niiiiiice.

Gimbals are very cool. Weight sucks, go lightweight my man.

FPV is pretty cool. Have you done it via WiFi yet? Justabout any tablet will give you (really crappy and delayed) FPV, but it's something.

I'm flying at about 6,000 feet most of the time, on the East side of the Bighorns.

Enjoy the show, it's a wild and crazy ride.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20