New to forum & eager to purchase but...

Reaction score
I am wondering if the P2 v2 is worth the extra cash. I like the upgraded motors on the Phantom but dislike the internal battery on the tx. Also as of gimbals. I've seen the good luck buy ones and the zenmuse. The thing I like about the GLB over the Zen is that the lens is centered on the gimbal but off centered on the Zen. Is there anything in between the 2 as if cost. (Liking 3 axis over the 2)

Thanks. Anymore information is greatly appreciated

I personally feel like the Zenmuse gimbals are a better option because they're specifically designed to just work with the drone/controller with no modifications or special equipment/cabling/patching/configuring on either the controller or Phantom/gimbal side. The same can NOT be said of 3rd party gimbals
Also in terms of firmware updates and such, it's more convenient that 1 piece of software can control and update both the P2 and gimbal as opposed to having to manage the gimbal separately.

the offset lens isn't really an issue as long as you fly careful when you're actually getting a shot you want. It's basically never an issue if you run the gopro in medium or narrow FOV... in wide or ultra-wide FOV indeed if you make sharp movement in specific directions (rotate left or hard lateral left) you can get the Phantom leg in the shot... but there's all sorts of ways to avoid this, from hardware (aftermarket landing gear) or simply by being more delicate with the controls when you're actively in the middle of getting a shot you want. Faster movements make for blurry video anyway.

As for the V2.0 or not, supposedly on the V2 there's also better cables connecting the motors and ESCs which are themselves updated, since the price difference between V1.0 and V2.0 is under $100 if I was buying now I'd take the 2.0, why not. The updated gimbal control on the RC is magnitudes better than the little lever on the back of the v1 RC!!

as for the lipo in the RC, so far mine is holding charge really well I've flown a dozen flights and it hasn't even turned off the first light yet. If you're worried about running out of juice in the field, the 2.0 RC charges from a standard micro-usb port so you could carry any kind of portable battery (like the ones to charge phones or whatever) and use a USB cable and charge the RC in the field. Or just check your battery and make sure it's charged before you head off to fly ;)

I just got the V2 a few days ago. All I can say, it is amazing. I like the new transmitter, the rolling switch for the gimbal control is better than the V1 lever. I don't mind the rechargeable internal battery as I can easily charge it with any phone charger I got at home or in the car. I wouldn't go for any other gimbal rather than the Zen, as all the DJI accessories is designed around it. I just got my mini iOSD today, it is so easy to install, most importantly (clean installation with almost no wires from the outside). Now I am ready for FPV!

Ok. As for the gimbal. I have a hero 4. I see the zenith h3 fits, but may need altering for the side settings button. Is this all correct?

j53113 said:
Ok. As for the gimbal. I have a hero 4. I see the zenith h3 fits, but may need altering for the side settings button. Is this all correct?

I have a hero 4 on my H3-3D gimbal, it fits good. No need for modification.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik