New to Forum and the P3 Advanced

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to the Quadcopter/Drone Scene, having flown an entry level UDI Discovery HD + for about a month now. I'm frikkin' hooked, and after quite some research, and Black Friday's arrival, I ticked off the wife and got a Phantom 3 Advanced Bundle.

I'm no stranger to the R/C hobby, having flown R/C Helicopters, and trainer fixed wings for several years. The P3A will be my first 'advanced' Quadcopter, From what I've read, and seen, it's quite an impressive bit of tech.

I'll be receiving my new toy in about a week, as I put expedited shipping cost towards a decent carry case. I do a bit of camping, and think this would be a great way to 'capture' memories. Also a bit of a shutter bug, and do a fair bit of motorcycling.

So for the next week or so, I'll be lurking about, reading up on the do's and don't, and what not's.

Congratulations. Prepare well before flying P3. Charge battery 100% before flying.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Congratulations. Prepare well before flying P3. Charge battery 100% before flying.

Yes... I certainly will, Controller and Copter batteries, Thanks! I

Till then I have my little UDI to practice on... I'm pretty good with the little bugger, as long as nobody sneezes. :)

I've also downloaded the User's Manual to read a few dozen times.

Well come on in, to the forum.
Yes, reading also improves ones thinking and vocabulary. RTFM!
Every hobby has its own lingo, this one has a few good ones.

Make sure your RTH is set high enough, to avoid any overhead obstructions. Do a soft brake in of your intelligent flight batteries.
First ten flights/charges drain them down only to 50% capacity.
After 20 full charges, (in the battery section of the app) you can see.
Bring the battery down to 8% then charge back to 100% full capacity.

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing.

RedHotPoker

Well come on in, to the forum.
Yes, reading also improves ones thinking and vocabulary. RTFM!
Every hobby has its own lingo, this one has a few good ones.

Make sure your RTH is set high enough, to avoid any overhead obstructions. Do a soft brake in of your intelligent flight batteries.
First ten flights/charges drain them down only to 50% capacity.
After 20 full charges, (in the battery section of the app) you can see.
Bring the battery down to 8% then charge back to 100% full capacity.

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing.

RedHotPoker

Thanks RedHotPoker,

Definitely a lot to learn. I'm the slow and cautious type when it comes to $1k toys.

Should be fun... if I can keep the thing upright.

They actually float. Let go of the thumb stick controls and it will hover on the spot, even in wind, if not in ATTITUDE mode.
But you still need a great understanding of its parmeters and all.
There is a lot of adjustability of her controls, which can be tuned to your style of flying.

RedHotPoker

MUCH easier to fly than helis or winged. Having the power on the left with up for up seems wrong to those of us used to elevator/cyclic on that channel, where we are used to pulling down for up elevator can be a bit hard on the brainpower. If in doubt, let the sticks go & figure it out. Even if you have to restart the software, it will wait for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav