New to flying, bought training quad and I am terrible!

Reaction score
Please tell me the phantom is easier to fly than this $30 quad I got from amazon. I am looking at getting into the drones so figured I should practice on something smaller and cheaper first.

Picked up a Sygma to practice with and man is it tough to control. Granted I only played in a small area this afternoon but I was all over the place.

The videos I have seen of the phantom seem like it is a lot more stable. Is the GPS that much of an aid or do I just need a ton more experience?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00906PKQ ... SX200_QL40

Cult Hero said:
Please tell me the phantom is easier to fly than this $30 quad I got from amazon. I am looking at getting into the drones so figured I should practice on something smaller and cheaper first.

Picked up a Sygma to practice with and man is it tough to control. Granted I only played in a small area this afternoon but I was all over the place.

The videos I have seen of the phantom seem like it is a lot more stable. Is the GPS that much of an aid or do I just need a ton more experience?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00906PKQ ... SX200_QL40

There is NO comparison. It is a good idea to practice on a training quad, but the Phantom is much, much easier. You can take your hands off and it will hover where you left it. Just make sure you do all the checks before taking off, and choose a wide open space with no buildings, structures or people around you when you are learning.

I have a hubsan. I love it and I got it just to practice. The phantom is way easier.

My best advice for a first flight on the phantom is to find a big open filed, when you are ready fly don't baby it just give it full power and go up to 15 or 20 feet then play around and get comfortable with it.

The auto pilot will keep it level. The altitude will cover your mistakes. When you get the feel for it then you can take off and keep it close to the ground if you like.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj