New to droning :) Question. (Hello everybody! :) )

Reaction score
As a total noob, Im blown away by this thing. I must admit not a big techy either, a little intimidating.
Linked to my Iphone-5s and im still having very glitchy vid feeds. Looks as if its only refreshing about once a second or less. Blotchy pixels here and there. What am I doing wrong? I have it linked with hard wire USB to the controller also. :(

If I were to upgrade my vid unit what do you suppose is the best choice? Im leaning toward an Ipad mini. ya?

You might get better results with these tips. If you decide to try something else, you can find a list of commonly used devices here.

Might need to get a Class 10 U3 SD card if you are referring to 4K videos.

Here are a few tips.
First upgrade to the latest software, if you have more than one battery all of them will need to be updated. The instructions are on the DJI website. The stock mini SD card should be fast enough but if you decide to get another go with a name brand and as fast as possible. Best Buy should be able to help you. I have not tried a I-Phone 5 as I use a I-Pad Mini2.
If you have not done so already get some prop guards for use until you get comfortable with your drone.

I just returned an ipad mini 2 for the exact same problem you're having. Totally unusable video feed. I think you'd need to bump up to mini 3 or 4. I decided to go with a nVidia Shield k1 as I was having very good connection with my droid phone, just too small a screen.

Here are a few tips.
First upgrade to the latest software, if you have more than one battery all of them will need to be updated. The instructions are on the DJI website. The stock mini SD card should be fast enough but if you decide to get another go with a name brand and as fast as possible. Best Buy should be able to help you. I have not tried a I-Phone 5 as I use a I-Pad Mini2.
If you have not done so already get some prop guards for use until you get comfortable with your drone.
Nice tips. But, which of these are you suggesting will solve the OP's problem?

The first thing that I would do is update all the software. Also follow PhantomHelps advice.

Im going to get an Ipad mini. Try that. Is there any easy way to drop photos and vids to my phone or email? I try to download to device and it keeps giving me a "FAILED to DOWNLOAD" flag... Wondering why.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl