New to drones

I don't know where you're from but here in United States quite a lot of products no longer come with manuals and only come with QuickStart guides, very common don't know why you're surprised at that.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well why say it has a manual if it doesn't ?

Even DJI said it should have one, go figure

Didn't think it could be that easy, printing 55 pages As we speak..... may as well crack a few beers out.
You could have just downloaded it to a file on your PC, laptop or device would have never wasted 55 pages of ink.

I didn't waste it, I'm reading it, easier to flick through pages for me
If it's easier for you then go for it, but definitely reading through there at least twice from beginning to end and it's a good source of reference to refresh your memory on whatever you need.

Just found user manual v4.1 online , for $799 you think I'd get one in paper back.... these arseholes will be hearing from me that's for sure!!
No manual, P2V+, P3S got them online. just bought a Lorex nvr camera system, same thing. I actually had downloaded these in advance, to try to understand these products before I made the purchase. Helped a little. :rolleyes:

Put this website in your bookmarks.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Yeah, reading manuals and books, causes me stress, I can't find what I'm looking for fast enough.

Rod :)

Reactions: Vzr1
Well I took it for a fly, dam new I should have got another battery while I was there. I took a few pictures, thought they would save to the phone but nothing in the DJI works album. Do you have to plug it in and transfer from micro disk?

Yes, If there on the phone the quality will be poor, most people pull the SD card out and insert it in to a card reader, or some laptops will take it. I hate messing with tiny card, so I hook up the USB cable to the port on the gimbal and hook it to a PC, and it comes up as external drive.

Added: Also check your settings on your camera, as default every time you start a new flight, or maybe you format the card, I can't quite remember, but they start over to 0001 on your pictures and vids.

Yes, If there on the phone the quality will be poor, most people pull the SD card out and insert it in to a card reader, or some laptops will take it. I hate messing with tiny card, so I hook up the USB cable to the port on the gimbal and hook it to a PC, and it comes up as external drive.

Added: Also check your settings on your camera, as default every time you start a new flight, or maybe you format the card, I can't quite remember, but they start over to 0001 on your pictures and vids.

It's green on the phone still none there. Looks like I'll be plugging it into the PC

130a62fc545d061affa7e06bebc5f86d.png

If this is a crApple, the photos use to show up in or by the camera roll (area). Play back your flight, they might show up there but not the quality you want unless you loose your bird.

Rod

If this is a crApple, the photos use to show up in or by the camera roll (area). Play back your flight, they might show up there but not the quality you want unless you loose your bird.

Rod

Apple is good, I worked it out

First pictures :)
2823a2411014dc47eea47a2952982c39.jpg
c4b281ceb6e6f7cf9bab4fc73b263de2.png

One thing I did find strange I was flying the drone and it said reached max range length ways not height which was normal and I was up high. So I came down about 1 meter from the ground and hit RTH and it went straight back up real high! The RTH worked the previous flight although it doesn't seem to return to the exact point of take of , close though,!just a few metres from it .

I've had my Phantom 3 Standard for about six months and I don't think you can beat it at $499.00 US Dollars, especialy if you down load the Litchi app. I paid $25.00 for Litchi and now I can do many things the other more expensive drones can do.Highly recomend it.As far as longer range goes, you can boost it with better antennae or flying autonomously, but I get nervous the further it flies out of range.Also, we are told
not to fly it out of sight anyway by the FAA.

Do you need to calibrate the drone every time you take it somewhere different to fly?

Welcome to the world of ragged nerves and squeaky bum events. RTH height can catch you unawares, you forget that you set it high and gawp as it suddenly shoots upwards. It is also not exactly a return to takeoff point, more of a roughly in that area....usually into the ditch/water/long grass 10ft from where you started. Gravity is strongest in the nastiest landing zones and tends to override the built in gps and drag the Phantom into trouble. I cancel RTH when its nearby and bring it next to me and hand catch if its dodgy underfoot and then remember that I had forgotten what a sudden dead weight a non flying drone is when grasped by a thin twig of plastic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20