New to drones

Last edited:
You Australian do have odd personalities that is for sure. At least you're not a whiner like some of them on these threads, and actually talk like an adult.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes we are a little bit different to the norm, something to do with having a good time and not sweating the small stuff. Same mentality applies to owning drones, if it's a good day, have a beer, if you bin it, have ten beers...

Reactions: Vzr1 and Philltayl
Going to pick mine up tonight, thought I'd go standard till I know what I'm doing lol

Reactions: Storm
Going to pick mine up tonight, thought I'd go standard till I know what I'm doing lol

Here is your shopping list:
JBHiFi - $800
Parabolic reflector - $12
Soft back pack - $50
Melbourne Bitter - $50 for when you are finished your first flight.

Job done, enjoy. make sure you use a phone/tablet recommended for use by this forum.

Reactions: Vzr1
Can anyone tell me if this light goes solid green when charged? Nothing in the book about it
fcaec82d1b7471bc6b85d6f22c62a3e9.jpg

And I take it these all go solid green when full, it's running up and down at the moment charging
900caae2453f77c8b27e4c201e765644.jpg

Bottom one went off so it must be full
Controller light goes green when it's good to go.
Battery lights go off when it is fully charged. The lights flash as they are charging and give you an idea of the state of charge, two lights 50%, three lights 75% and so on. T'is in the manual.

Reactions: Storm and Vzr1
Controller light goes green when it's good to go.
Battery lights go off when it is fully charged. The lights flash as they are charging and give you an idea of the state of charge, two lights 50%, three lights 75% and so on. T'is in the manual.

Just went green I'm off for a fly ...... tomorrow lol

Reactions: Storm

No doubt you have read the manual inside out. Beginner mode to start with, out in the open and away from any electrical interference. Otherwise you will smashing that carton of MB and weeping like a Collingwood supporter.

No doubt you have read the manual inside out. Beginner mode to start with, out in the open and away from any electrical interference. Otherwise you will smashing that carton of MB and weeping like a Collingwood supporter.

Don't think I got a users manual. This is all the paper work I have even has the list.
9b9a76ce36ff5c60194ed24c18931a79.jpg

afdf2a51b020e5a2997c4ff043a8c8b9.jpg

Just found user manual v4.1 online , for $799 you think I'd get one in paper back.... these arseholes will be hearing from me that's for sure!!

Didn't think it could be that easy, printing 55 pages As we speak..... may as well crack a few beers out.

That was quick, time to go and read....... one thing I hate doing is reading lol

That was quick, time to go and read....... one thing I hate doing is reading lol
9217d20dd06c5ec731e01fce9dee3dbc.jpg

9217d20dd06c5ec731e01fce9dee3dbc.jpg

Reading is good for the soul and the drone. Read the manual and load the app for this site on your phone. You'll need it until you get the confidence to have a crack at something more adventurous.
Good luck and don't forget to try out your RTH settings, the first time it kicks in (as it is supposed to), you will be wishing you were wearing a nappy......

Has anyone else not got a user manual with this type? I contacted dji via chat and hey said it should have one.

I then contacted the shop I bought it from and they opened another one and it didn't have the user manual either.

He reckons most are online now and wouldnt
send out a 55 page manual .

Just found user manual v4.1 online , for $799 you think I'd get one in paper back.... these arseholes will be hearing from me that's for sure!!
In the States quite a lot of products no longer come with manuals and only come with QuickStart guides, very common don't know why you're surprised at that.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj