New to drones.

Reaction score
Greetings everyone, love the site here so i signed up. I am in Northern California near the coast, and looking forward to getting some epic photos out here. Kinda nervouse about flying over the ocean, so gonna practice in the fields for a while.

It started for me a week or two ago, i was at a Target store with a friend. We decided to buy some cheap toy drones and see what they were like. After crashing them 30 or so times, we took them back and i got what i consider a glorified toy, the skyviper 2900pro. Well, after a couple days with that, and many hours of reading about drones and watching youtube videos, i went out and bought a Phantom 4 pro. Then it rained for two days, but today was glorious. Maybe ten mph winds, no rain, and a beautiful day to try the phantom. Absolutely amazing. I still havent taken it out of beginner mode because im not trying to throw 1500 dollars in the garbage, i want to get more comfortable flying the drone before venturing off further.

Anyways, great site you have here, i am enjoying reading, and looking forward to learning more and exploring the beautiful area where i live. If anybody has any pointers for beginners I am all ears. Thank you.

Greetings everyone, love the site here so i signed up. I am in Northern California near the coast, and looking forward to getting some epic photos out here. Kinda nervouse about flying over the ocean, so gonna practice in the fields for a while.

It started for me a week or two ago, i was at a Target store with a friend. We decided to buy some cheap toy drones and see what they were like. After crashing them 30 or so times, we took them back and i got what i consider a glorified toy, the skyviper 2900pro. Well, after a couple days with that, and many hours of reading about drones and watching youtube videos, i went out and bought a Phantom 4 pro. Then it rained for two days, but today was glorious. Maybe ten mph winds, no rain, and a beautiful day to try the phantom. Absolutely amazing. I still havent taken it out of beginner mode because im not trying to throw 1500 dollars in the garbage, i want to get more comfortable flying the drone before venturing off further.

Anyways, great site you have here, i am enjoying reading, and looking forward to learning more and exploring the beautiful area where i live. If anybody has any pointers for beginners I am all ears. Thank you.
HI caught the bug...Yip phantoms fly nice...:):)all the best over there

Reactions: Redwood Bigfoot
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Thanks everyone! I am super excited! I already have a question. I tried taking video yesterday, but it came out super choppy and laggy when i viewed it on my phone (android). What are some good beginner settings for getting decent video quality?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4