New to drones....BIG learning curve!

Reaction score
Got my first RC drone for Christmas and have been having problems with it on most flights. Thought I had a defective Phantom but finally realized the problem. I wasn't doing the compass calibration dance!
The literature that comes with these things is less than thorough IMO so I went online and watched as many instructional videos as I could. I found them VERY helpful. Anyway, even though only one video mentioned the compass dance, I figured I'd give it a try and that seems to have fixed my flight control problems! Just got back from flying it around my property with no problems at all!
I was getting bummed with the erratic flight performance and subsequent crashes. Now I'm having MUCH more fun!! :mrgreen:

I actually just put up a video about how to do the calibration dance lol. If you ever get confused or have any questions about your fc40 just ask and I'll try to make a video tutorial for you. I'm actually working on a (how to) series now on the phantom fc40 so if you're interested, feel free to check it out. I plan on covering the calibration dance (already done), explanation of gps/atti/manual modes, flight tips, how to fly manual (I have 2 videos on this but will make a proper video when I get some recording glasses), going over the naza-m software assistant, and more.

also here's that video if anybody's interested.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gV109UIPuE[/youtube]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues