New to dji. Want to meet fellow flyers in devon / cornwall UK

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to multicopters and just want to say hi to everyone and see if there are any fellow flyers in the Southwest UK. I'm currently in Plymouth and looking to gain more information and tips and tricks to the hobby. Get in touch if your local of you can direct me towards groups close to me. Many thanks.

Hi welcome to the forum! I'm based in Exeter myself. Been flying well over a year now. Try to get out at least once a week, unfortunately there is not really any groups round here that I'm aware of. There's a few RC clubs around here but not really drone friendly... more of a conventional RC club. What are you flying if you don't mind my asking?

If anyone is keen too I would be game for a meet... could get a big group together..

Last edited:
Hi welcome to the forum! I'm based in Exeter myself. Been flying well over a year now. Try to get out at least once a week, unfortunately there is not really any groups round here that I'm aware of. There's a few RC clubs around here but not really drone friendly... more of a conventional RC club. What are you flying if you don't mind my asking?

If anyone is keen too I would be game for a meet... could get a big group together..
Hey Joe,

I work in Exeter! I have only had the P3 Pro for less than a week after finally deciding to go for it. I haven't had any experience in flying R/C before that... Coolest thing I've done with it so far is visit a container ship 2.5km off the coast anchored in the bay at night!

What do you fly?

Oh awesome! So do I. I work in the bike shop up near the odeon. Where do you work? That's cool! I fly a modded fc40 mostly. Furthest I've taken is is a mile though. Bested by my battery life. I've also got a f550 and 2 mins fpv racers. How do you find the p3? Where do you fly round here?

Oh awesome! So do I. I work in the bike shop up near the odeon. Where do you work? That's cool! I fly a modded fc40 mostly. Furthest I've taken is is a mile though. Bested by my battery life. I've also got a f550 and 2 mins fpv racers. How do you find the p3? Where do you fly round here?
I work at the airport. I fly around the coast at the moment, waiting for the opportinity to take it up the moors and get some really nice shots of the tors/avon dam etc.
If it snows this winter i'll be straight up there to capture images, saving up for a spare battery as only have one and as you know, more batteries, more fun!

The P3 is nothing short of a technological masterpiece.. something that only a few years ago would have been out most peoples price range... My plan is to perfect my skills and portfolio and qualify next year for a CAA accredited course and get permission for commercial use.

Yea I reckon that's the same for me. I've had it up near Tavistock recording some mountain biking before.

Haha. They do look awesome. I love the fc40 myself. I like the fact that I can fix it myself lol. I've essentially set it up so that it can do everything a p3 can but with a go pro and no follow me like features.

I'm looking to do my caa course too soon. That's what my f550 is for. (Bit of motor redundancy) Got 1000 together for it so far. What are you intending on using it for?

Yea I reckon that's the same for me. I've had it up near Tavistock recording some mountain biking before.

Haha. They do look awesome. I love the fc40 myself. I like the fact that I can fix it myself lol. I've essentially set it up so that it can do everything a p3 can but with a go pro and no follow me like features.

I'm looking to do my caa course too soon. That's what my f550 is for. (Bit of motor redundancy) Got 1000 together for it so far. What are you intending on using it for?
The FC40 does look pretty sweet; do you have the fish eye effect after filming, or is it Not too strong...

I intend to start slowly working up a portfolio and make an online presence where I can attract clients and actively promote various aerial services out at events etc.

It's a great little quad, pretty basic features though to start with... The fish eye is not too bad... easily corrected in after effects.

Cool, I have a degree in architectural technology myself and am looking to offer my services in surveying and 3d photogrammetry once I have the PFAW. Hence going for the f550 so I can set it up for what I need.

If you were ever in the area and fancied a fly together you're more than welcome to give me a shout.

It's a great little quad, pretty basic features though to start with... The fish eye is not too bad... easily corrected in after effects.

Cool, I have a degree in architectural technology myself and am looking to offer my services in surveying and 3d photogrammetry once I have the PFAW. Hence going for the f550 so I can set it up for what I need.

If you were ever in the area and fancied a fly together you're more than welcome to give me a shout.
Sounds cool, yes I'd be up for a meet, likewise if you are ever in the Torbay area. Fireworks night is upon us and im planning to get some nice footage of the fireworks in a safe location (probably above the ocean - looking towards the crowds etc)

Perhaps linking up via facebook might be a good option? PM me your details if your happy with that and ill add you.

Jason

Hi guys I'm down in Somerset, I have just joined Joes Facebook page, like big-oki I'm new to the hobby, I have the P3A, awesome bit of kit, would be nice to meet up with some of you guys to get some tips etc, only flown my bird a couple of times, still getting use to the controls.

Regards

Mark

Hi everyone, im from bideford, north devon and just became the prowd owner of a phantom 3 advanced. Had a parrot ar drone before so quite a big jump. Cant wait for a decent day now to get airborne!

I'm not too far from Exeter about 3 miles NE of the airport, just got a P3P, loads of empty space to fly in pity there are no spaces in the wind ! Only flying I've done with it is on the Simulator ;-( Never mind, the wind can't last forever. If you guys fancy get together somewhere convenient for us all, Dartmoor is looking pretty central , give me a shout , if I can I'll be there. Jonesrevolution do you work in the Bikeshed?

I'm not too far from Exeter about 3 miles NE of the airport, just got a P3P, loads of empty space to fly in pity there are no spaces in the wind ! Only flying I've done with it is on the Simulator ;-( Never mind, the wind can't last forever. If you guys fancy get together somewhere convenient for us all, Dartmoor is looking pretty central , give me a shout , if I can I'll be there. Jonesrevolution do you work in the Bikeshed?

Very cool. Good to practice lots before actually flying. I'm currently admiring a group for south west pilots with a view to arranging meets. Unfortunately we had a meet planned for NYE but it got rained off. Join the group of you haven't already, ill link it below. And yes I do, the lickety split one! Have you been in before?

ha yeah that sounds about right :)

I should have waited till the Spring before buying .. that way would have saved 100 quid on the price of the P3S and had better weather for flying :-/

Reactions: stimpy
ha yeah that sounds about right :)

I should have waited till the Spring before buying .. that way would have saved 100 quid on the price of the P3S and had better weather for flying :-/
Managed to have a fly today after being grounded for a few weeks, was nice and calm but bloody freeeezing!

Hi all, just registered on site. Have had my Phantom 3 Professional for around two months. I live in Exeter and work in Torquay would be good to meet up and possibly form a small group of local flyers where we can exchange tips and good locations to fly from. Also looking at getting my commercial license, but plan on getting more flying time under my belt so to speak.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl