new to DJI. need help/info buying a DJI.Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I am new to DJI drones.
I am looking at the phantom vision 2 and a few other models,too.
My question is all the DJI drones are possible to be paired with iPhone/smartphone to receive live video?? and what is the range for all the DJI drones model?I have heard some are 1000 meters and some are just 300 meters.

I just want to buy a drone that has built in camera or can be equipped with gopro and can use smartphone to receive live video. has a good range. which model you guys suggest I should buy?

thanks!

akita1018 said:
Hi guys.
I am new to DJI drones.
I am looking at the phantom vision 2 and a few other models,too.
My question is all the DJI drones are possible to be paired with iPhone/smartphone to receive live video?? and what is the range for all the DJI drones model?I have heard some are 1000 meters and some are just 300 meters.

I just want to buy a drone that has built in camera or can be equipped with gopro and can use smartphone to receive live video. has a good range. which model you guys suggest I should buy?

thanks!

What's more important, built in camera or GoPro? Live video can be done with both.

Distance can be improved by upgrading.

If you want the live FPV feed on an iPhone/smartphone, the P2V is pretty much your only option other than the FC40 (which has a far inferior camera). Or, sit and wait a bit to see how the P2V+ that was just announced today turns out.

I understand it's tempting to go for a setup where everything is integrated, there's also good reasons to keep things modular. I just got done with this decision myself... I decided I'd rather be able to upgrade/swap components later.. for example the gopro... also if you buy a p2Vision what good is that camera to you when you're not flying? The whole point of a gopro is you can use it for basically anything so my biggest decision to go with a gimbal/gopro was simply that now I also have a gopro I can play with doing whatever I want.

So when you go that route, if you want real-time FPV you'll need a setup which involves a transmitter on the P2, and some sort of receiver either a little display or goggles. I almost went with the $350 KumbaCam kit, and if you are really 0% technical like you don't understand frequency bands & channels whatsoever, that's your easy route... many places have plug-and-play FPV kits.
I personally built my own with a Tx (transmitter), a 7" receiving display (goggles too expensive for me for now) and all the little peripherals like a lanyard, mounting bracket, upgraded antennas, etc. and it's only $250 all-in.. and oh-by-the-way I can upgrade any component anytime like if I decide I want to go to goggles.
My point is, NONE of that is possible with the Vision model, you're stuck doing your thing the one way they design. Some people may prefer that and that's fine, but if you're geeky and have the skills or ability to learn I think it'll be cool to have an independent FPV system

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers