new to DJI, couple questions

Reaction score
i just got my first DJI the other day, its a refurbished standard from DJI and am LOVING it. but cant find info as to what in the world the two toggles are and how they work on the remote and does anyone know if DJI care plan can be bought on a refurbished?

Here's a good overview of the P3S remote controller:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also please don't try to fly your ac without reading the manual, you could loose you drone.

REFURBISHED ?
Yes, I too bought a "refurbished" Phantom 3 - mine is a "standard". "refurbished my backside"...the durn thing is clearly brand-spanking-new !

What I suspect is going on here - is a combination of things - they produce them faster than they can ship them out and sell them. The technology is advancing so fast they keep changing the production line to incorporate the newer features.

Well - they have contracts with mutual obligations down thru the chain of sale from mfg. to distrib. to sales entities. So...what to do with the extras that are no longer the "first rank". They have to sell them, and they clearly aren't used. So up they came with the term "refurbished".

The bad news is that while you do get a warranty, you cannot get the so called "CARE" programs; you have to pay at or near "retail" for a so called "new" one ( translation - current model) to get that.

As another says .... download the manuals ....

Toggle switches are covered pages :

21 through to and incl. 26

Believe me when I suggest that learning what those two switches do will save your a*** when things go bad.

We all panic when we lose our video / tablet connection and don't know where or what it is doing. S2 is your saviour .... the LEFT toggle switch. (Note that Chinese read RIGHT to LEFT so the switches are numbered accordingly ... S1 is the top right, S2 is the top LEFT).

Don't know where aircraft is ? Toggle S2 2 or 3x and controller will start beeping - telling you RTH has initiated. Once you see the aircraft and have good idea of orientation .. Toggle S1 and get back full manual stick control for landing.
Once you learn that - those panic sessions will be a thing of the past - rare to be again.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen