Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New To Dji And Drones * Waiting on my MAVIC *

Discussion in 'Mavic Discussion' started by Faithful-Niner, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Faithful-Niner

So this is my first DRONE and im super excited. I have played with a bunch oh little cheapy drones at my job, Now its time to step up to the real thing.

My question is can i register and get a FAA Registration number prior to my drone showing up ?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Yes. You can complete the registration process here. Then, just apply your registration number to your drone once you receive it. You should use the same number on all of your drones.

Butterpuff 6 and Faithful-Niner like this.
  3. m0j0

Welcome aboard

Faithful-Niner likes this.
  4. m0j0

If the flight is anything like the Phantoms you won't have any problems flying the Mavic if you are practicing on the baby drones. Just one bit of advice.. Read the manual.. All of the manual 3 times. Study and understand all of the return to home options. Practice flying in attitude mode.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

5. Faithful-Niner

Thanks for the advice . Is it actually called attitude mode or
    Did you mean altitude mode ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

6. pierce

"attitude mode", one of the modes you can select. Requires and gives you more flight manouvers experience.

7. Scott99

Not only did I register prior to receiving my first drone, I even got FAA stickers on Amazon before I received it, and put my FAA stickers on the drone before my 1st flight.

8. Fishie

Please fly safe...newbies AND those like me that have been around a while. These things fly themselves nowadays so it scares me
    Having a flood of new people pilots that have never had a true RC flying experience. Try flying a helicopter. There you will certainly learn! I hope with the influx of
    People that accidents don't
    skyrocket but the odds are that they will.

9. threegs

I have six months of Phantom experience so I am still somewhat new. Here's my advice to another new pilot.
    Stand in the middle of a soccer field and use beginner mode for your first six flights at least. You won't be able to run into ANYTHING (except the ground and the Mavic should help you avoid that). Get used to the controls flying away from you and flying towards you. Only when moving the vehicle around is second nature would I think of maneuvering anywhere near any solid objects. Then expand your limits slowly. You'll be glad you took baby steps at first.

Fishie and Faithful-Niner like this.
  10. Faithful-Niner

thanks for all the advice. i do truly appreciate it all. i have flowen a few mini helicopters in the past and a few parrot mini drones but thats anout it.
    i have reached out to a few other phantom owners that live in my area to come out and fly with me once my mavic arrives to give me some pointers and show me the ropes. we have alot of open fields out here in north carolina

Fishie likes this.
  11. Fishie

When I speak of helicopters I speak of the non-coaxial ones where you don't get that extra stability.