New to board have Dji 3 professional

Reaction score
Hi im new to the forum, just started first timer in the drone world and liking it. I purchased it after seeing the TV crew use one while recording a Swordfishing episode TV show on the boat I captain down the Cape. I plan on doing some filming while fishing for Marlin Tuna Etc. I have managed many flights so far and just ran into a video issue. I'm flying P3 Professional using a New Nvidia Sheild with the litchi app. I just ran my first programmed flight and all went well except for some video issues. 1 after playing back the video from the sim card the footage stutters every couple seconds even though during the flight it appeared smooth. 2 I set the focal point on my house and set up all the defaults I believe correct but the video did not focus on that spot. 3 how do I get the video to go to my tablet without having to pull the SD card and copying it? Any help would be appreciated

Capt Buck

Last edited:
Hi, welcome!
When playing back video it's best to copy off the SD card onto the playback device local storage. SD cards are optimised for write, not for read. Also, the SD card needs to be a decent one - class 10 or higher.

Where was the focal point of your footage? What are your camera settings?

I did copy the file from the SD to a PC still had shutter.
Settings
Auto flicker - Auto
Auto record off
Video Format mov
Preview quality 6mbps
Transmission channel auto
Double output Hdmi off

POI is on the 1 location on map and focal point is on POI

Last edited:
Your shutter problem may be your computer not being up for the 4k task. If so you can film in 2.7 untill you upgrade

Figured it out the codec on my PC needed updating. Put it on my tablet with no issues. Pre-Program flights are cool. Next step i will try VR googles

Thx Capt Buck

Reactions: Reed L
Capt Buck

What web site did you use to update Windows Media Player 12 codec?
I did a search and found only 3rd party sites.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I don't recall there were so many. Either way it solved the issue with playing the media.

The P3 does not have manual focus. It's set at infinity, period. When you tape the screen and have the exposure set to manual, the P3 automatically sets the exposure based on that area. Exposure is different than focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan