new to all this

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new to all this drone world and thinking of buying my first drone some time soon, I was looking at the phantom 3 standard but getting a bit confused as does the phantom 3 come with a camera or not.

Yes, it does come with a camera. You can compare the Phantom 3 models here.

I don't think anyone should buy the Standard. The Advanced as many advantages over it -- and, the difference in price is not that great.

I don't think anyone should buy the Standard. The Advanced as many advantages over it -- and, the difference in price is not that great.
thanks msinger, so in your opinion I should opt for the advance model, getting so confused over this so will have to do some more homework before splashing the cash I think.

You will be much happier with the P3A.

Tough call. I'd certainly recommend the advance over the standard but price needs to be considered as well. If you can muster up the extra $300, I'd go with the advance. If $300 is tough and you really don't think you are going to use the P3 much, go with the standard.

To me, the standard should not be in the P3 category. It's really a hopped up P2.

Tough call. I'd certainly recommend the advance over the standard but price needs to be considered as well. If you can muster up the extra $300, I'd go with the advance. If $300 is tough and you really don't think you are going to use the P3 much, go with the standard.

To me, the standard should not be in the P3 category. It's really a hopped up P2.
thanks tcope, I'm in the uk so will have to try find a outlet near me and get some advice off them also.

If you can muster up the extra $300
If it's down to a matter of mustering up a few extra hundred, then it might be a better idea to buy a less expensive quad -- like a Blade Nano QX. You're going to need a case and extra batteries (and likely other accessories). Those additional purchases will set you back about another 1k. And, if you crash a Phantom, you'll likely be out another $200-600.

on its the phantom I'll be going for just need to decide which one to go for for what i will be using it for,

I'm looking at the P3S too and I'm in the UK also.
I'll be buying one very shortly as I can't muster up the extra £250 for the P3A.
What's the major difference?..the controller?..if so I can live with that..the 4K camera o can live without also

I'm looking at the P3S too and I'm in the UK also.
I'll be buying one very shortly as I can't muster up the extra £250 for the P3A.
What's the major difference?..the controller?..if so I can live with that..the 4K camera o can live without also
Hi Gary, just read a review of all 3 not much difference in them,except the advance and professional have a better video feed back to your phone or tab.

I don't think anyone should buy the Standard.
your opinion.jpg

I agree 100% with tcope as it is just a jacked up P2 but you always knocking it is getting old .
And I also think it is fine to use all the time . Ya don't have to worry about cracks .
It does have it's issue but the Pro/Adv does too !

Reactions: J Dot
Hi Gary, just read a review of all 3 not much difference in them,except the advance and professional have a better video feed back to your phone or tab.

There is much more of a difference then just that. The Standard uses boosted wifi to communicate with the Phantom. The Advance and Prof. use RC signal. This also means the S range is about 2500' while the A and P are around 1.2 miles. So you have a _much_ better connection and a connection that goes 4 times as far.

You also get either gold or bronze color stickers with the A or P and red with the S. Come on... we all know the difference there.

Reactions: dirkclod
Ya kill me tc :) I like red ;)
It does take a little work but everybody don't got to knock the Standard .
It does have potential .
Here's a not to hot run . Was to low for there .
test in feild.jpg

Got my p3a from slr hut. Cheaper than buying in the uk and used the extra savings on batteries and case package.

Got my p3a from slr hut. Cheaper than buying in the uk and used the extra savings on batteries and case package.
Glad ya saved ya some money Simon :)

Reactions: J Dot
Ya kill me tc :) I like red ;)
It does take a little work but everybody don't got to knock the Standard .
It does have potential .
Here's a not to hot run . Was to low for there .
View attachment 35393
I gotta say, thats impressive. :)

I don't have the 'distance' bug myself but if I was trying to get in the air with a proven craft for an affordable price the P3S is a winner. If you have the extra scratch, by all means, get the P3A. Either way you'll be a happy camper.

Reactions: dirkclod
I gotta say, thats impressive. :)
Impressive ...Naaaa this is though for a red sticker ;)
2 miles.jpg

Just a little of this and a little of that and 2.38 miles"
And a helleva lot of test runs :)
tongue_smiley3.gif

;);)

Last edited:
I vote P2v!:cool:
Best model ever made! And is durable in a crash, not like the FRAGILE p3's, one minor crash, you are DONE! P2v takes a licking, but keeps on ticking! And VERY affordable! Just my thoughts, over 2 years of care free flying! Plus it's fun to mod! You can only mod antennas on the 3's what fun is that? Old school all the way folks! Long live P2v!:D

J Dot
( just my opinion, but I would not get a 3 until they work out ALL the issues ) may take a while!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav