NEW:Tarot T-2D V2 Brushless Camera Gimbal

I am interested... Let me do some research... I need to make sure that I have all the required parts for the swap...

I've got a Phantom V.1.1.1 and am going to have to talk to a few of the local video guys here when I get back from the training exercise with the Army... Should be back around the 29th of June... Is that too long to call "Dibs"?

Thanks bud

GreenMarine said:
I am interested... Let me do some research... I need to make sure that I have all the required parts for the swap...

I've got a Phantom V.1.1.1 and am going to have to talk to a few of the local video guys here when I get back from the training exercise with the Army... Should be back around the 29th of June... Is that too long to call "Dibs"?

Thanks bud

Fellow Subie and protector of my freedom, we will wait. I'll bump this at the end of the month if you change your mind. Btw, contact rangevideo.com in Florida. They'll tell you everything you need to know about the Tarot.

GM I think you'll do fine with the Tarot, I wouldn't call it a beginner's gimbal but someone with your skill level should have no problem with it. Diesel is right, rangevideo is great to work with and very helpful.

Whoooo!! Awesome... I should be set to purchase this when I get home... It would be AMAZING if I could get it installed before the 4th of July weekend (going to the beach with my girlfriends family), but I know that is a HUGE pipe dream... Hell, after this I'll just have to work out an FPV setup...

Oh, pretty critical question... Will it work with a GoPro HeroHD (should be the same dimensions as the Hero2)... That's all I've got at the moment :-/... One day I'll upgrade to a better camera, first we'll see how much I use a standard setup...

Diesel, didn't you say that the v.1.1.1 that you were selling (and I was interested in) was pre-wired for a gimbal? Yeah when I connected the dots on that I definitely had a facepalm moment :-/...

On a side note, I wish I could show youguys the flying that we are doing out here this month! I've already had to pull branches out of the WSPS (Wire Strike Protection System) of one of my main struts... 100kts and 15-30ft above the highest obsitcal (sometimes lower) means we are constantly doing some tree trimming... Definitely an adrenaline rush :twisted: :twisted:

Oh, also... This should work with my v.1.1.1 gimbal controller lever on the back of my transmitter right?..

Sorry for the questions... It's amazing how much you forget when you are out of it for a few weeks :-/...

My internet here is incredibly unreliable (mostly because I shouldn't be on my phone here)... Come to think of it... Better get off before I get spotted...

GreenMarine said:
Oh, also... This should work with my v.1.1.1 gimbal controller lever on the back of my transmitter right?..

Sorry for the questions... It's amazing how much you forget when you are out of it for a few weeks :-/...

My internet here is incredibly unreliable (mostly because I shouldn't be on my phone here)... Come to think of it... Better get off before I get spotted...

Yes, the tilt control should work just fine. Getting everything setup by the 4th will be doable, but you'll need all the parts first...that's on you.

This will get you started: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12421&start=10

We'll need to discuss the gimbal software, and the firmware updates for the controller and motors (you MUST upgrade both the controller and the motors).

GreenMarine said:
Oh, pretty critical question... Will it work with a GoPro HeroHD (should be the same dimensions as the Hero2)... That's all I've got at the moment :-/... One day I'll upgrade to a better camera, first we'll see how much I use a standard setup...

That could be a problem...as far as I know the Tarot (as well as most gimbals for the GoPro3) won't work with the original Hero or Hero2 cameras, as those have different outside dimensions.

OI Photography said:
That could be a problem...as far as I know the Tarot (as well as most gimbals for the GoPro3) won't work with the original Hero or Hero2 cameras, as those have different outside dimensions.

I never had a Hero2 so I had no idea, but you're absolutely right in that the Tarot that the OP has with the V2 mounting bracket is indeed for the Hero3/3+. I guess the 4th is looking worse and worse...way to ruin the man's holiday. :shock:

Blast... Well it's looking more and more like I'll have to resort to some other path inorder to get good stabilized footage from the air... :-/... Don't hold it for me anymore Diesel... I'm not ready to purchase a GoPro3... UNLESS anyone knows how to make a first generation GoProHD work with a Tarot T-2D that is...

GreenMarine said:
Blast... Well it's looking more and more like I'll have to resort to some other path inorder to get good stabilized footage from the air... :-/... Don't hold it for me anymore Diesel... I'm not ready to purchase a GoPro3... UNLESS anyone knows how to make a first generation GoProHD work with a Tarot T-2D that is...

1) The gimbal is balanced for a Hero3/3+...no getting around that
2) Don't buy a Hero3/3+ until the Hero4 is released, you'll save some money
3) It's worth every penny, the Tarot delivers beautiful stable footage
4) It might take you awhile to get your camera, but you're really gonna love the video once you do
5) You went down this path for a reason, it's the right decision, don't give up

I heard that the GoPro Hero4 is supposed to be out in October 2014... Depending on the price I may just go for that... The specs that I've seen are quite impressive.

Either way, Diesel, it looks like it will be a while before I go getting a new camera. Don't hold it for me anymore. I don't want to keep you from a sale.... Thanks though! :)

GreenMarine said:
I heard that the GoPro Hero4 is supposed to be out in October 2014... Depending on the price I may just go for that... The specs that I've seen are quite impressive.

Either way, Diesel, it looks like it will be a while before I go getting a new camera. Don't hold it for me anymore. I don't want to keep you from a sale.... Thanks though! :)

Right on, no worries.

BUMP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers