New Tarot Gimbal Installation Issues

Reaction score
:?:
Hi,

Does anyone use a Tarot 2D gimbal (new version) with their FC40? I just assembled the new gimbal and hooked it up to my stock DJI 2200mAh battery and it doesn't move. It shows a solid orange LED light and no activity. Also, can the Tarot 2d gimbal be powered from the Phantom FC40's auxiliary power?

ChicagoMM said:
:?:
Hi,

Does anyone use a Tarot 2D gimbal (new version) with their FC40? I just assembled the new gimbal and hooked it up to my stock DJI 2200mAh battery and it doesn't move. It shows a solid orange LED light and no activity. Also, can the Tarot 2d gimbal be powered from the Phantom FC40's auxiliary power?

I have the very same gimbal installed on my FC40 (V2 mounting plate). The gimbal must remain absolutely still for around 20 seconds before the gimbal will stabilize. Using the aux power cable is recommended, but avoid making a direct connection so that you can power the gimbal independently from the phantom. This will allow you to do the compass dance without the gimbal freaking out.

I haven't wired the gimbal for tilt control, but I should be able to answer any other questions you have about the rest of the install.

Carl

Hi Carl --

How did you go about attaching the FC40 camera to the gimbal? Do you have any photos?

cheers,

A

aardpig said:
Hi Carl --

How did you go about attaching the FC40 camera to the gimbal? Do you have any photos?

cheers,

A

Sorry for the late reply, I'm not sure how you'd use the FC40 camera with the Tarot Gimbal since the gimbal is balanced for the GoPro.

Hi aardpig, did you have any success fitting your FC40 camera to the Tarot gimbal.
It's a mod I want to do but cannot find any info.
Cheers, Rob.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20