New tall landing gear

Ash

Reaction score
Hi. I have just purchased some tall landing gear for my Phantom 2. I tried to fix them on tonight and find I cannot actually fit the compass and the other connection to the legs, the legs are to large in circumference. If I try to move the compass and the other connection down to the bottom of the legs the cables are too short. Yet another disappointment!! ARGGGG..... Any ideas please guys? Thanks a lot

Compass will be fine at its now cable length, just make sure it is vertical (may need to pack it at the bottom) and then recalibrate - fasten with a small cable tie. Do not change the length of the other cables as they are set for the RF and TX functions.

Hi and thanks for your quick reply. The problem is I am not sure if I put a cable tie around the compass it will hold, plus I have the same problem with the other connection

Use a very small piece of double sided tape between the leg and mounting bracket. Used it on my extended legs after using as much of the extra cable that I could to move the compass as far down the leg as possible. As others have said, just be sure compass is in the same orientation as before. Worked great for me.

I have the new taller landing gear and had no problem mounting the compass. I pulled to top shell off my P2 and re-routed the compass cable which gave me more length.

Thanks guys, I will try a bit later on and see if the double sided tape works....appreciate you giving me the time to answer as I really want the tall legs on my phantom.

Great forums!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj