New Tablet Question

Reaction score
Guys, I bought my Phantom 3 Adv a couple weeks ago and just got my Nvidia Shield K1 in and before I use it to fly the drone I have a question.

What do I need to do to the tablet before using it to fly the drone? I have turned it on, charged it and set it up including downloading the latest Android updates, etc.

So what do I need to do before I use it? Delete certain apps, turn off wifi, put in airplane mode, set screen sleep time, turn off location, enable auto rotate, turn on Bluetooth, etc???

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
First of all keep this tablet as dedicated to your drone. That means, no additional apps, remove all unwanted apps.

I usually turn WiFi and other networks off during flights to avoid interference and to keep tablet free of space and processor load.

Next you got to download DJI GO App.

Thats the minimum you need to do.

Reactions: flpholt
The Nvidia Shield K1 is a pretty powerful device. It worked well as-is for me right out of the box. However, it never hurts to turn off everything you don't need (e.g. enable airplane mode), shut down all running apps, etc.

I have a Google Nexus 9. I use it for everything, baseball apps, Gmail, and everything else, and have had no issues. I turn off the WiFi, leave the phone in the car when flying and never had any error messages. I tried Litchi, just did not like it, and decided to use the DJI app and if it ain't broke - don't fix it..

Does "airplane mode" shut down non-flying apps?
No. It disables all wireless transmission functions (cell, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth). If you need any of those (e.g. Wi-Fi for the P3S), you can turn them back on individually.

No. It disables all wireless transmission functions (cell, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth). If you need any of those (e.g. Wi-Fi for the P3S), you can turn them back on individually.

On your Tablet page you say, "Note: Your Android device will work better out of the box if you follow these tips." However when I click on the link I don't see a list of tips...I just see post 321 of a very long thread about Android and lag. Can you post the correct link to the android tablet tips?

Thanks!

Reactions: jmedrone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1