Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New sun/glare shield from Hoodman

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by jbadallas, Nov 14, 2015.

1. jbadallas

Just bought the new HAV1 sun shield from Hoodman today at a photo expo. Attached are some photos showing how it works. I haven't had a chance to try it in the sun yet, but this looks to be the best one of all that I tried. It's made for the iPad mini and they are about to release some for the iPhone 6/6+. If the sun still gets past this shield, there's an attachment that goes with this that will get rid of all glare. I thought I'd try this by itself first. It attaches to the iPad even with the cover I have. It does have an area where you can still touch the screen (definitely necessary with the other attachment.) The iPad version is available online at their website. The iPhone version sho[ uld be out soon as I saw some final production pieces.

I've tried all of the white Velcro ones that are pot there and even the original Hoodman. This beats them all.
    ATTACH]35861[/ATTACH] image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

bobmyers and badbeerbreath like this.
  2. badbeerbreath

Thanks for that.

I like the looks of the extension piece that you can attach to it. I think I might give it a try.

3. lotusteve

Hi, that looks very good, what's the app in picture 2 you are using.

4. bobmyers

I am looking at the Website-- didn't see one for an IPad Air-- hopefully, they will make one soon-- or I may be forced to go to a Mini-- LOL:):) really looks like it would work well. Thanks for sharing.

5. badbeerbreath

Have you put it to the test yet, thoughts?

6. III% Streve

Thats AutoPilot. A bit complex. But Very powerful! And by far the most expensive P3/Inspire app out there!