New sun/glare shield from Hoodman

Reaction score
Just bought the new HAV1 sun shield from Hoodman today at a photo expo. Attached are some photos showing how it works. I haven't had a chance to try it in the sun yet, but this looks to be the best one of all that I tried. It's made for the iPad mini and they are about to release some for the iPhone 6/6+. If the sun still gets past this shield, there's an attachment that goes with this that will get rid of all glare. I thought I'd try this by itself first. It attaches to the iPad even with the cover I have. It does have an area where you can still touch the screen (definitely necessary with the other attachment.) The iPad version is available online at their website. The iPhone version sho[ uld be out soon as I saw some final production pieces.

I've tried all of the white Velcro ones that are pot there and even the original Hoodman. This beats them all.
ATTACH]35861[/ATTACH] image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 716
Thanks for that.

I like the looks of the extension piece that you can attach to it. I think I might give it a try.

Hi, that looks very good, what's the app in picture 2 you are using.

Just bought the new HAV1 sun shield from Hoodman today at a photo expo. Attached are some photos showing how it works. I haven't had a chance to try it in the sun yet, but this looks to be the best one of all that I tried. It's made for the iPad mini and they are about to release some for the iPhone 6/6+. If the sun still gets past this shield, there's an attachment that goes with this that will get rid of all glare. I thought I'd try this by itself first. It attaches to the iPad even with the cover I have. It does have an area where you can still touch the screen (definitely necessary with the other attachment.) The iPad version is available online at their website. The iPhone version sho[ uld be out soon as I saw some final production pieces.

I've tried all of the white Velcro ones that are pot there and even the original Hoodman. This beats them all.
ATTACH]35861[/ATTACH] View attachment 35862 View attachment 35863 View attachment 35864 View attachment 35865
I am looking at the Website-- didn't see one for an IPad Air-- hopefully, they will make one soon-- or I may be forced to go to a Mini-- LOL:):) really looks like it would work well. Thanks for sharing.

ATTACH]35861[/ATTACH] View attachment 35862 View attachment 35863 View attachment 35864 View attachment 35865

Have you put it to the test yet, thoughts?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik