New Stock Range Record?

Reaction score
Just got 1.5 mile range today with the stock P3S. I've also easily gotten to 500m altitude with no signal loss. Anyone else seeing this kind of range?

I'm on firmware 1.6.8 btw.

82c07ead02fdf3e4550b2f713c20eacc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

One evening I decided to see if I could get mine out to a mile. I got 1 mile plus a couple hundred feet. The crazy part was I still had full signal, I just got the mile I wanted so just turned turned around and came back. I know I have 2-3 miles LOS flying from that slot so I need to try again for my max distance.

Way back when these came out I got this stock 6665'.PNG Then several started showing screenshots of over 10,000'
So maybe not a record tbeezer but a fine flight :)
Lots were flying over water is why I believe they did so well and I also believe not all Standards are equal .

I can barely get past 250m in the UK :( I have watched all the DJI videos about antenna placement also

Just keep working with it Alfex and maybe you can get more out of it but you can see all kinds of mods in here to help you go farther .
Welcome to the forum :)

Thank you! Been looking at this forum for a while but only decided to sign up yesterday :) It's weird because I only lose the video feed and telemetry, I still have complete control of the phantom

Way back when these came out I got this stock View attachment 54128 Then several started showing screenshots of over 10,000'
So maybe not a record tbeezer but a fine flight :)
Lots were flying over water is why I believe they did so well and I also believe not all Standards are equal .
Gonna call BS on this. No way anyone got 10,000' +, 100% stock, using a P3S. Not saying you are making this up, dirk, but rather the folks that posted they got that kind of distance are full of it. ;)

Gonna call BS on this. No way anyone got 10,000' +, 100% stock, using a P3S. Not saying you are making this up, dirk, but rather the folks that posted they got that kind of distance are full of it. ;)
I called the same BS and asked for screenshots and will go back and search and find them for you . We had several big arguments over all that
when we first started with the Standard . I finally gave up and just took it as the first batch wasn't as good as the second .
I will look but did see them . Made up......you tell

Reactions: Squirrel!
The only way, and even then it is seriously questionable, would be over water. And to me, water distance flights don't count. ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
I called the same BS and asked for screenshots and will go back and search and find them for you . We had several big arguments over all that
when we first started with the Standard . I finally gave up and just took it as the first batch wasn't as good as the second .
I will look but did see them . Made up......you tell
God there's so many threads bro, I will start stacking em .
Is this a new, 100% stock, P3S distance record?
Record for a unmodified Stock Standard..2.12 miles (11,197ft)?

Kneepuck writes about 10,000' but that was after he modded the remote.

And from the admin: " there are people here going well over 10,000' using some antenna mods like an Itelite on the ground end and modified bird antennas. Looks great and works well."

Naaaa, I don't buy it. 10,000' stock. :confused:

Everything I've seen to date is modded in one way or another.

Kneepuck writes about 10,000' but that was after he modded the remote.

And from the admin: " there are people here going well over 10,000' using some antenna mods like an Itelite on the ground end and modified bird antennas. Looks great and works well."

Naaaa, I don't buy it. 10,000' stock. :confused:
Me gonna stop Sguirrel as there's really a lot of threads if you look back and I agree with ya on being not sure about them .
I even gave one guy an award for his and he made it his avatar .

Reactions: Squirrel!
I've learned not to underestimate what these quads can do for range when the controller is placed in the right hands! Most people who have called BS on distance records have eaten there words[emoji41]

Everything I've seen to date is modded in one way or another.
Lots of those threads I thought they had to be too and like I said I just quit messing with them .
Now both of mine have panels and 3 miles is around what I get not amped .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.