New Standard 1000M Range(Easily)

There is a inflight video of the the location where I made 2km distance flight...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: tavorh and dirkclod
monker thumbup.gif

That lake is about 1.5km accross... I was able to go low level over it... Easy! The P3S is just a good buy if you ask me!

Attachments

• Frenck Lake.jpg
    Frenck Lake.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 292
Reactions: tavorh and dirkclod
Awesome! Here's a couple videos I took today for you...

Awesome! Here's a couple videos I took today for you...
]
hey scott im in sydney (aus too) and just wondering what you flew with? eg andriod / ios and what app.

if ios, and dji go: when you passed the 500mtr mark - did anyhting pop up on the screen or any notifications?

Hi Choopi,

I believe I maxed out distance at around 4000ft? I forgot to take screenshots on my app to show everyone, ugh. As you can see, its a semi populated area I was flying around in. I launched from a soccer field towards that populated lake, and was able to fly just slightly offshore. Maybe if I would have increase the altitude I could have gone further, to create a direct LOS. I'll try that next time too (and take screenshots).

I performed an altitude test just slight ahead and above me. I didn't even max out and I was over 1000ft! LOL. I was nervous to keep going, I still had full bars too. I bet I could go much much higher if I had wanted to.

Choopi, was video editor do you use before you upload on you tube? I'd like to do more with my videos but I haven't really messed around besides uploading music. I'm just using Windows Movie Maker.

hey scott im in sydney (aus too) and just wondering what you flew with? eg andriod / ios and what app.

if ios, and dji go: when you passed the 500mtr mark - did anyhting pop up on the screen or any notifications?

Hi Dave,

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4" Wifi. It seems to work very well, and I like the bigger screen. I might try using my iphone 6 again, but I heard that after ios 9 came out, it was causing some issues, so I might have to backdate it, unless DJI has fixed it already?

I never saw any pop ups on my screen. Sometimes it will randomly say "Weak Video Signal", or something along those lines, but my video feed will be fine, so I have no clue whats going on. I just ignore it...........it will always come home anyhow :).

Attachments

• Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 8.4 Wifi.JPG
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 8.4 Wifi.JPG
    617.2 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Hi Choopi,

I believe I maxed out distance at around 4000ft? I forgot to take screenshots on my app to show everyone, ugh. As you can see, its a semi populated area I was flying around in. I launched from a soccer field towards that populated lake, and was able to fly just slightly offshore. Maybe if I would have increase the altitude I could have gone further, to create a direct LOS. I'll try that next time too (and take screenshots).

I performed an altitude test just slight ahead and above me. I didn't even max out and I was over 1000ft! LOL. I was nervous to keep going, I still had full bars too. I bet I could go much much higher if I had wanted to.

Choopi, was video editor do you use before you upload on you tube? I'd like to do more with my videos but I haven't really messed around besides uploading music. I'm just using Windows Movie Maker.

1000ft high! That is cool! It take a long time to go down... Just as info, I'm using IOS 9.2 I think, the last one and I have no problem at all! As for the video editing, I use Final Cut Pro X. I just adjust color a bit but minimal...
My setting on the Camera is: I set my white balance custom... I adjust it to my liking.... After for preset I go LOG. For ISO, the lowest I can go, most of the time ISO100 and adjust shutter speed to finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dave,

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4" Wifi. It seems to work very well, and I like the bigger screen. I might try using my iphone 6 again, but I heard that after ios 9 came out, it was causing some issues, so I might have to backdate it, unless DJI has fixed it already?

I never saw any pop ups on my screen. Sometimes it will randomly say "Weak Video Signal", or something along those lines, but my video feed will be fine, so I have no clue whats going on. I just ignore it...........it will always come home anyhow :).
What do you use to attach your tablet?

I think it's called the Square Jellyfish? I saw it somewhere on here...and a guy on You Tube had it. It fits like 4" to 7" wide tablets I believe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic