New software / firmware - feedback

Reaction score
Ok, so did all the pilot app updates, firmware updates yesterday.

No issues with doing them.

Flew drone today, no issues with take off/ landing.

Iphone 6 plus got slightly warm as usual.

Only minor thing I found was the small map display had the track of drone but map did not follow it.
I switched between full video display and map display and back then it worked fine after that.

Very happy so far.

Just updated my drone and RC yesterday. Took it out for a flight today and created a video.

Bear in mind that i crashed my drone on the 2nd day and broke the gimbal. After replacing it i feel very apprehensive about flying it. Today i just decided to give it a go and did most of my flights over a river. thankfully everything worked well and smooth!

So far so good no problem with firmware update on mine. I had problem with VPS on v1.2.6 which caused my P3 to flip on take off. On this firmware it seems to work like it used to.

Reactions: Garrie
I updated P3A and P3P without issue. No flight at the moment, but seems that everything is fine.
My iPad Air is not getting hot as claimed by others.

Same position as Dome above re the update and iPad Air 2. Hoping to do a test flight later this evening after I've recalibrate the IMU and gimbal.

It's always recommended to do so after updating the firmware and/or crashing the bird.

robinb - I was repeating recommendations from several experienced users on both forum and YouTube. I've done so and never had a problem. If your IMU status is OK that's fine.

steves - Can't answer that until I've flown later this evening but I'm not expecting much if anything.

Did anyone have the same problem with the map not tracking after takeoff ?

I don't touch IMU calibration unless I read wrong value in the app sensors page.

Reactions: snowghost
I don't touch IMU calibration unless I read wrong value in the app sensors page.
what is the wrong value in the app sensors page?
I flew mine today after the updates, she seemed fine, and the gimble overload warning has gone, but she wasn,t 100% stable when hovering, though flew alright, is this anything to do with the IMU

Generally drift on hovering is down to IMU needed to be calibrated. When on flat surface looking at the values and seeing if they are moving much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20